Ring Transformer disappeared

So I’ve been having some issues controlling my 3rd party landscape lighting with the Transformer. I have 2 transformers splitting an over 200w load (one for the front and one for the back). I had them installed on the app last night and it appeared to have worked as schedued. The issue I was having last night was that I could’t get 3 of my 4 floodlight cams to turn off and stay off unless tripped by motion (a constant issue). In doing a little research, I decided to delete the app and reinstall. Now, both transformers have disappeared from the app. Does this mean that I have to reinstall them and go through all of the scheuling again?

Hi @ChrisLaw, have you reached out to our support team about this? This is a great place to start, as they can take a deeper look into your account to see where the devices have gone. They will be able to access the information you are looking for to reach a resolution. Please reach out to them here and let us know how it goes!

I’ll give that a shot.

If the transformer disappears from your devices list is a known issue. Support told me to rescan the QR code, which made it appear, but then the lighting schedules failed -?would not turn off.

The only fix is to delete all the devices, and then the lighting group - which probably will not delete do to the phantom copy of the transformer in there.

Ultimate fix is to reset the bridge (paper clip in hole to push button, hold for 30 seconds), then re-add in the bridge, and any others. This wipes everything . And why I save all the box ends from my ring purchases, which have the QR code on them Dont create any lighting schedules until all devices are added and in a lighting group.

Then at the lighting group level, select lighting schedule and create. It will let you copy that schedule to other devices.

Also if you’ve added any A19 smart bulbs, those need a hotfix to work correctly, support can apply. They will need screenshots of the Device Health page for each A19 bulb

2 Likes