Ring Transformer Dusk to Dawn feature

I am having issues getting this to work I set a schedule for the lights to come on at dusk and off at dawn. I have a bridge and transformer that are working fine i can manually turn the lights off and on, can anyone walk me through what I am missing.

Hey @chalderm ! If you have the bridge and transformer, you certainly have the option to schedule. Here is our help center guide on using the light scheduler in the app. Let me know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Hi, I recently purchased the ring transformer with Alexa echo gen 4 as the bridge. The dusk dawn worked for couple of days and then it stopped working. I am able turn on the lights manually. I did setup the schedules as per the help guide. Any ideas what might be going wrong ? Thanks.

Hi @Aluparatha, I’m happy to chime in for Marley here. Have you tried deleting the light schedule and setting it back up to see if it works properly again? I’d recommend starting there first, and if that doesn’t work please share some screenshots showing the light schedule settings you have enabled so I can take a look as well.

I had deleted the ring app. and reinstalled. Paired it with transfer (with QR code). Created the schedule for dusk - dusk plus 6 hours. But come evening the lights didn’t come on. I had to manually turn them on.

@Aluparatha Thanks for sharing that screenshot here. Do you have these lights set up in a Light Group, and have you tried removing them from the Light Group and re-adding them to the Light Group? If this step doesn’t work, I may refer you to our support team so they can take a more in-depth look at why the lights wouldn’t be coming on with this schedule.

Removing group and enabling schedule outside the group worked once. However after I changed the schedule from dusk - dawn to dusk - dusk+6 it has stopped worked. Ofcourse the manual on-off (via app) continues to work.

Such a simple usage/use case of the device, with one transformer no groups, not working is extremely frustrating.

Was this ever resolved? I’m going through the exact same issue in 2023 and unable to get any solutions from Ring. Hoping others who have experienced this before can share with me what they did to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hi @user43832. With the last post in this thread being from September 2021, I’m confident their specific issue was resolved. I suggest creating a new post with the issue you are having. Be sure to include information about the device and any relevant settings so we can find an approach to resolving this with you.