Ring Bridge wireless standards

I am having troubles with my Ring Bridge not connecting to my network and I’m currently trying to troubleshoot this issue with UniFi. They are asking for the wireless standards for the Bridge but I can’t find it anywhere and Ring tech support really didn’t seem to know what they are.

I can connect and maintain a connection to my phone when I make it a hot spot. The bridge did connect at first to my network but now won’t, after the firmware was updated.

Thanks

Chris

Hi @CFS! Your Smart Lighting devices operate on a power efficient, long-range RF Network. The Bridge converts the RF signals to wifi to deliver information from the system to you in the form of alerts or diagnostic information. As far as the Bridge to wifi network connection goes, this is a standard connection in which the Smart Lighting Bridge is compatible with an 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 Ghz network.

As you mentioned this connecting initially, try rebooting your router to see if this resolves the connection issue. If not, try checking your router settings to ensure you can find the Bridge in the connected devices list. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I have restarted, and completely powered down, my system, without any change in connection status. I’m working with UniFi who makes my wireless network devices to troubleshoot more. I also have a new bridge coming so I can take a faulty bridge out of the equation.

It is just strange that the bridge will connect without trouble to my phone but not to my home WiFi network.