Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

Ok it seems like the Pathway Lights that are on version 1.8.3-29 do Not have the issue but the ones that are on 1.8.3-26 do. I just installed 3 new Pathway Lights all of them have the 1.8.3-29 my other 10 only one of them have the 1.8.3-29 while the rest of them are on 1.8.3-26.   So my guess is at this point it's some kind of issue with the 1.8.3-26 firmware so hopfully those will update. I wonder if there a way to manually update them? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would love to know how to manually upgrade the firmware as I just checked and agree that my pathlights that have 1.8.3-29 work perfectly well and the path light I just received from Ring as a replacement for one that I returned for water infiltration has this issue and it's running 1.8.1-5...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the exact same problem after I replaced my battery.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My issue is just the bridge going offline and back online multiple times per day. I’ve reset, deleted and re added but nothing. Still continues to drop a couple of times per day.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I called and spoke with one of the advanced tech support techs and we were able to confirm that it was a failed firmware upgrade causing the repetitive offline notifications every morning. My lights were running firmware 1.8.3-26 & needed to be upgraded to 1.8.3-29 as others including myself had suspected. I will share the fix, but some may not like what it entails. I highly suggest that before you start on the lights that you remove from the app and re-setup the Bridge first to make sure it is on the latest firmware and to resolve any errors it may have. The only way to force the lights to upgrade to the new firmware is to remove each light individually from the app completely, power-cycle the light by removing the battery for at least 15 seconds, and then set the light back up from scratch as if it was a new one. This will force the light to upgrade to the latest firmware and should stop the annoying every morning offline notification routine we have all had to endure. Once you have done this with each light your offline notifications every morning should cease. I wish there was an easier method, but this is the only viable answer at this time. I confirmed that my lights have indeed upgraded to the proper firmware. I hope this will solve the issue for everyone. I also feel this is an issue with the 1.8.3-26 firmware and once you have the 1.8.3-29 installed it should not occur again. Good luck everybody!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Another thing you can try doing is improving the connection between the lights, bridge and your router. The firmware upgrade might be failing because of unstable connection. Don't rely on what it says in the Device Health option, just try to cut the distance between these three components as much as possible. I'd even suggest that you take the light and the bridge and put them right next your router. Keep them right next to each other and monitor what happens for a few days, if you see that the firmware got upgraded eventually then you're good to go and put everything back to its place (although maybe it's time to rethink bridge placement for better connection) but if you keep getting the offline messages instead and the firmware is not getting upgraded then this is probably not a connection issue.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Bridge dropping connection multiple times per day

This just started happening about a week ago.  Multiple times per day the bridge will lose connection and then will re-connect again in a little while (anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours).  All the pathlights are fine.

I've removed and reinstalled the bridge with no luck, firmware is current.

Any help is appreciated.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Bridge dropping connection multiple times per day

Firmware in the bridge or the lights?

For us, the disconnects stopped occuring once all the lights successfully updated to -29.