cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Pathlights going offline and online repeatedly.

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue - CONSTANT offline and online messages (I've done all the rebootings, and that isn't the issue) - would like an option in the app to TURN OFF notifications of lights going offline and online as having these alerts all night makes me want to turn off all notifications which defeats the purpose of ring over this issue alone!!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

This started with my outdoor motion sensor.  Changed batteries and it was fine.  Then the pathlights started coming and going so changed those batteries.  Was fine for maybe a day.  Considered moving the bridge but it seems like its software or a firmware issue.  Come on Ring.....

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

I'm guessing its firmware as well but I can't really look into it because ring appears to totally hide any infomration about when versions are released and what the intent of the patch is.

If there was a firmware release to either the bridge or pathlights in March I'd be willing to bet they messed it up.  but the don't seem to be paying any attention.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having the same issues; all 10 pathlights are losing connections and reconnecting dozens of times a day.  Today the entire Bridge went offline and now won't reconnect. When will this be resolved? I see many other customers are having the exact same experience. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issues here.  I have about 15 smart light devices (pathlights and wired floods).  They worked great for the first 2 months I had them then started randomly going online/offline hundreds of times a day about 2 weeks ago.  I called ring and they replaced the Bridge.  I just installed the new bridge and the lights are still doing the same thing albeit way less frequently... Only like 10 times a day now instead of hundreds.  I called Ring again and they said this is now a known issue and they have no resolution time for it but will "add me to the list".  

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

I've noticed within the past month there has been at least 1 firmware update to all of my smart spotlights, floodlight, and transformer.  I've had these lights since very early Jan. and they've all worked great until maybe the past week or so with frequent offline/online messages.  My 'driveway' spotlight gave me the most problems with nothing in the event history but 'offline/online' events.  Rebooting the bridge helped but the light was very slow to respond to commands from the app.

All of my smart lighting is currently on firmware:  1.8.3-26

I've had some luck performing these steps with the devices giving me problems:

1.  Power-cycle your bridge and wait a few minutes before proceeding.  Allow it to fully come back online.

2.  Take the light causing problems and bring it inside close to your bridge if at all possible. Remove the batteries, or just take the cover off, and leave the light off for about a minute.

3.  Replace the batteries and cover of that light.  Wait a minute or two until it comes back online and starts 'talking' to your bridge again.

Test the functionality of that light via your app.  It should be online, detect motion, and respond to toggling the light on/off again.

Maybe try removing the batteries of all lights giving you problems at once.  I think the important factor here is power on and reintroduce the lights you've powered off one at a time back to your bridge.  Check functionality before moving on to the next light.

So far so good after trying the above on my spotlight.  Hopefully this helps or works for someone.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks @5150Joel ! Great advice. Neighbors, please try these steps. If it still does not help, let me know and we can take a further look into this for you. Thanks! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Doesnt help - I still have pathlights and wired floodlights that occasionally connect/disconnect.  When I spoke to support they seemed to say this is a known issue and that we didnt have to do anything that Ring was on it.  Which is it?  Is it a known issue or should we continue to troubleshoot ourselves? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is there any update to this. My lighting bridge is still offline and show updating for the last few days. It will not connect to the wifi and can not setup again. There is a problem and it is on there end if the others on the thread has the same problem. Please fix Thank you.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Still happening here. Was fine for 2 weeks and out of nowhere started again. Completely annoying.