Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

I called and spoke with one of the advanced tech support techs and we were able to confirm that it was a failed firmware upgrade causing the repetitive offline notifications every morning. My lights were running firmware 1.8.3-26 & needed to be upgraded to 1.8.3-29 as others including myself had suspected. I will share the fix, but some may not like what it entails. I highly suggest that before you start on the lights that you remove from the app and re-setup the Bridge first to make sure it is on the latest firmware and to resolve any errors it may have. The only way to force the lights to upgrade to the new firmware is to remove each light individually from the app completely, power-cycle the light by removing the battery for at least 15 seconds, and then set the light back up from scratch as if it was a new one. This will force the light to upgrade to the latest firmware and should stop the annoying every morning offline notification routine we have all had to endure. Once you have done this with each light your offline notifications every morning should cease. I wish there was an easier method, but this is the only viable answer at this time. I confirmed that my lights have indeed upgraded to the proper firmware. I hope this will solve the issue for everyone. I also feel this is an issue with the 1.8.3-26 firmware and once you have the 1.8.3-29 installed it should not occur again. Good luck everybody!

2 Likes