Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

Thanks @5150Joel ! Great advice. Neighbors, please try these steps. If it still does not help, let me know and we can take a further look into this for you. Thanks!

Doesnt help - I still have pathlights and wired floodlights that occasionally connect/disconnect. When I spoke to support they seemed to say this is a known issue and that we didnt have to do anything that Ring was on it. Which is it? Is it a known issue or should we continue to troubleshoot ourselves?

Is there any update to this. My lighting bridge is still offline and show updating for the last few days. It will not connect to the wifi and can not setup again. There is a problem and it is on there end if the others on the thread has the same problem. Please fix Thank you.

1 Like

Still happening here. Was fine for 2 weeks and out of nowhere started again. Completely annoying.

I reset the bridge several times from scratch (factory reset).

The reset will hold for at most one day and then various lights will in turn report disconnecting and then a few minutes reconnecting. All 6 lights on the bridge take their turn disconnecting and then in a few minutes reconnecting, it’s not just one light or two.

Encountering the same problem for the last couple of weeks. Since this is a problem with Ring that is being worked on, is there a way to turn off the Smart Lighting Bridge alert so we are not peppered with alerts all night while trying to sleep? I don’t care to have the audible alerts for this problem. Prefer to sleep…

2 Likes

I’m joining the club: My Ring Bridge is constantly sending “offline” messages. When I check it, the blue light is blinking meaning it indeed lost wifi. Then it randomly reconnects… and this repeats… and repeats… and repeats (you get the idea). I’ve done all of the troubleshooting measures, there is no power supply interruption issue, the wifi is strong. Another inexplicable Ring glitch (there are MANY) but I’m over $1K deep in Ring gear so reluctant to change systems till there’s no remaining choice (yes, I’m in denial). Maybe SimpliSafe or Nest will start offering credit for trading in other manufacturers’ inherently defective gear…? One can only hope that Ring gets it together and steps up to do what’s right or gets bought out by someone who actually cares.

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue. So annoying. Hope it is resolved soon!

I’ve ended up removing the bridge completely and the lights are working in dusk to dawn mode. Defeats the purpose of smart lighting but it’s saving battery power that was draining and I’m not getting the constant notifications. Hope they fix this.

What keeps going on with this? I am experiencing the same thing. Every morning my path lights go offline then go back online a couple minutes later. It’s annoying. It happens every morning. Reset my router and bridge, still nothing is fixed.

Yes my Pathway lights are doing this as well going online and offline and it seems like it happens during the day more than at night. My guess is that it’s either a Firmware update wtih the Pathway Light themselves or the Ring Bridge. The Pathway Lights Firmware vary at the momment some are on Firmware 1.8.3-29 some are on **1.8.3-26 ** Looks like most of the Lights are on 1.8.3-26 so maybe the 1.8.3.29 fixes the issue. Bridge **Firmware is 120300432 ** so it could be a Firmware issue on the Path LIghts end.

1 Like

Mine have stopped having the problem. I didn’t notice exactly when, but I think it was around the update that changed the WiFi and Bridge signal reporting from RSSI (dBm) to ‘Good’.

My steplights are now on firmware 1.8.3-29 and the bridge is on 120300432. Interestingly, the bridge still reports in RSSI.

The bridge also seems to do “Health Checks” very infrequently (the last reported Health Check was 5/8/20 3:45am, today is 5/12/20 9:25 am). Lights don’t say how frequently they do Helth Checks. It’s possible they just disabled Health Checks to avoid bouncing the lights so often.

It would be nice to hear back from someone from Ring.

I too have been experiencing this for weeks now. I honestly believe this is due to failed attempts to update the firmware. I had this happen before and that was the issue. There really is nothing we can do on the user end to correct this. It is an issue that only the Ring techs/devs can solve. I would suggest they immediately shut off the automatic attempts to update the firmware that usually occurs around 9 am EST until a solution can be found. The constant irritation of the devices trying to update every day is driving customers away or forcing them to quit using the smart lights. This occurred before and they finally fixed it, but they also shut off the auto-update while working on it. I admit I am getting to the point of shutting mine down as this every morning irritation is becoming unbearable. I hope that they will do this right away before more customers are lost.

Same issue here.

Spotlight 1.8.3.-29 , all signals ‘Good’ , battery 89%

Bridge 120300432 , signal RSSI -66

Last time happened: May-12-2020

Ok it seems like the Pathway Lights that are on version 1.8.3-29 do Not have the issue but the ones that are on 1.8.3-26 do. I just installed 3 new Pathway Lights all of them have the 1.8.3-29 my other 10 only one of them have the 1.8.3-29 while the rest of them are on 1.8.3-26. So my guess is at this point it’s some kind of issue with the 1.8.3-26 firmware so hopfully those will update. I wonder if there a way to manually update them?

1 Like

I would love to know how to manually upgrade the firmware as I just checked and agree that my pathlights that have 1.8.3-29 work perfectly well and the path light I just received from Ring as a replacement for one that I returned for water infiltration has this issue and it’s running 1.8.1-5…

I have the exact same problem after I replaced my battery.

My issue is just the bridge going offline and back online multiple times per day. I’ve reset, deleted and re added but nothing. Still continues to drop a couple of times per day.

1 Like

I called and spoke with one of the advanced tech support techs and we were able to confirm that it was a failed firmware upgrade causing the repetitive offline notifications every morning. My lights were running firmware 1.8.3-26 & needed to be upgraded to 1.8.3-29 as others including myself had suspected. I will share the fix, but some may not like what it entails. I highly suggest that before you start on the lights that you remove from the app and re-setup the Bridge first to make sure it is on the latest firmware and to resolve any errors it may have. The only way to force the lights to upgrade to the new firmware is to remove each light individually from the app completely, power-cycle the light by removing the battery for at least 15 seconds, and then set the light back up from scratch as if it was a new one. This will force the light to upgrade to the latest firmware and should stop the annoying every morning offline notification routine we have all had to endure. Once you have done this with each light your offline notifications every morning should cease. I wish there was an easier method, but this is the only viable answer at this time. I confirmed that my lights have indeed upgraded to the proper firmware. I hope this will solve the issue for everyone. I also feel this is an issue with the 1.8.3-26 firmware and once you have the 1.8.3-29 installed it should not occur again. Good luck everybody!

2 Likes

Another thing you can try doing is improving the connection between the lights, bridge and your router. The firmware upgrade might be failing because of unstable connection. Don’t rely on what it says in the Device Health option, just try to cut the distance between these three components as much as possible. I’d even suggest that you take the light and the bridge and put them right next your router. Keep them right next to each other and monitor what happens for a few days, if you see that the firmware got upgraded eventually then you’re good to go and put everything back to its place (although maybe it’s time to rethink bridge placement for better connection) but if you keep getting the offline messages instead and the firmware is not getting upgraded then this is probably not a connection issue.

1 Like