Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages

I’ve noticed within the past month there has been at least 1 firmware update to all of my smart spotlights, floodlight, and transformer. I’ve had these lights since very early Jan. and they’ve all worked great until maybe the past week or so with frequent offline/online messages. My ‘driveway’ spotlight gave me the most problems with nothing in the event history but ‘offline/online’ events. Rebooting the bridge helped but the light was very slow to respond to commands from the app.

All of my smart lighting is currently on firmware: 1.8.3-26

I’ve had some luck performing these steps with the devices giving me problems:

1. Power-cycle your bridge and wait a few minutes before proceeding. Allow it to fully come back online.

2. Take the light causing problems and bring it inside close to your bridge if at all possible. Remove the batteries, or just take the cover off, and leave the light off for about a minute.

3. Replace the batteries and cover of that light. Wait a minute or two until it comes back online and starts ‘talking’ to your bridge again.

Test the functionality of that light via your app. It should be online, detect motion, and respond to toggling the light on/off again.

Maybe try removing the batteries of all lights giving you problems at once. I think the important factor here is power on and reintroduce the lights you’ve powered off one at a time back to your bridge. Check functionality before moving on to the next light.

So far so good after trying the above on my spotlight. Hopefully this helps or works for someone.

2 Likes