Ring Bridge Not Connecting to WIFI

Good monirng all,

I have been on the phone with Ring customer support 5 times already to try and resolve an issue with the Ring bridge not connecting to my wifi.

So far I have done the following at the advice of Ring tech service.

Removed all special characters from my wifi password.

Followed the install instructions both on my own and with them on the phone.

Reset the Bridge with the side reset button.

Moved the bridge to within a few inches of the router.

Restarted the entire Ring system.

Reset the new wifi password in the Base Station

I am able to get the Bridge to find my wifi and then attempt to connect with the new password. The error I keep getting is that “ring is unable to join” They it asks if I want to retry.

I suppose it could be a bad bridge but I am not sure. Any help that you can provide would be very helpful. Thanks.
Dave

Hey there!

Did you try restarting your router/modem? I have an Xi6 modem from Xfinity and I had the same problem as you. I had to restart the modem/router/gateway (whatever they’re calling it this week!) and then reset the bridge again and start over several times. When I turned the Bluetooth off on my phone while setting it up that seemed to work. No idea why the BT had anything to do with it but everything worked fine after I did that.

Mine is working but the blue lights on the front of the bridge keep blinking…which is what brought me here. Trying to find an answer on the actual Ring site is useless.

Good luck I hope you get it working!
DJ

1 Like

I bought our Ring Floodlight Camera for the front of our house. I was not aware that the Ring Bridge had to be bought in order for this to work. I ordered the Ring Bridge and received it two days later. I set up the Ring Bridge right next to our Wifi Router and I cannot get it to connect to the Wifi at all. I keep getting a message that says Wifi is unable to be found meanwhile I know the Wifi is working just fine and there are no issues with it. I have unplugged the Bridge numerous times, unplugged the router, reset the bridge with the side button, and even deleted the application and put it back in and nothing the bridge has never connected to the Wifi not once. I am out of options I cannot think of another thing to do with the exception of returning the bridge and trying a new one. It is just my luck that I have to get the bridge that just will not work especially after my wife told me just to get a regular motion detecting flood light and I convinced her that we should get the Ring because now I look like the dummy that cant get this to work.

Hi @Rollopezjr. The Ring Floodlight Camera does not require the use of a Ring Bridge. The Ring Bridge is only used for our Ring Smart Lights. Your Ring Floodlight Camera should connect directly to your wifi. If you are having issues connecting to your wifi, try using a Chime Pro to boost your signal. I hope this helps!