Ring Bridge Keeps Going Offline

Looking for some help here. I have a ring bridge and everything was working well till just over a month ago when my bridge would go offline then come back online withing a minute to 5 minutes. It started doing this a few times a day then got worse and more often.

Thinking my bridge was toast and not wanting to spend a lifetime with level one support telling me to reboot three times and reset it to factory setting etc I did all of that and the problem persisted so I ordered a new one.

Th new unit has been installed for 3 days and have the same issue as my original, constant disconnecting reconnecting all hours of the day.

I am using Google Nest Wifi and one of the units about 5 feet from the bridge with no walls or anything in between.

I also have several ring camera’s and a full ring alarm as well as samsung smart things hub with loads of devices and no other device is having any connectivity issues just the bridge.

My thought is that perhaps the latest firmware has caused the issue, but of course there’s no way for me to see any logs on the device to determine whats going on which is why I’m here. Anyone have any bright idea’s before I lose it and get rid of my ring lighting for something else?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @radarweaver. We have a troubleshooting guide for the Ring Bridge that can be found here. This may have some steps that you might not have tried. If these steps don’t provide a solution, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have same issue. Not only that, but someone other than myself has switched the address of my Backyard camera to the address my Ring Floodlights are on! How is that? I believe Ring has done this. After I called last night, 09/03/2020, lights would come on. However, not every time it should’ve. But, mostly. Thats ok. Certainly, they do work, but Ring has done something to my setup. What’s up?

1 Like

Hi @Linda2. It is possible that when you setup your device, you created a new location. This happens quite a bit! To manage your locations, review this Help Center article here. Rest assured, you can always see who has access to your ring account by viewing your Control Center. If you have anymore concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

3 Likes

Have you had any luck diagnosing this? I have the exact same issue and also using google nest WiFi. All of a sudden all my cameras refuse to connect multiple times a day as well. I’m thinking it has something to do with the nest WiFi but haven’t been able to narrow down anything.

So new bridge and hardwired lights a month ago. signal strength at bridge location good. offline online issue. reinstalled numerous times. same. blue light stays on and solid HOWEVER when offline. router gui says offline. Has there been any solution or update? i moved the bridge to test that even though i put holes in my wall. i have reserved ip. this is infuriating. any ideas?

1 Like

Same issues here. Cox giga blast well more like Cox gaga last but have good speed

Not sure if this was solved for you but I had similar problem with Bridge. It would constantly go offline despite being very close to a good WiFi signal. It would randomly come back online sometimes too.

Long story short, it seems like the plug prongs were a bit narrow for my electrical outlet so they were not making appropriate contact. I very gently pulled the plug’s prongs apart to bend them slightly. The plug felt more snug in the outlet and, so far, no more issues.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Brilliant. Will try this. Thank you! @nkc

1 Like

NKC you were spot on. It is the plug in power supply. I used a different USB plug and that has fixed all of my issues. Apparently they have been using the same faulty power supplies for the last 3 years.

2 Likes

same issue now over the past month. my ring bridge does not report if firmware is up to date. does anyone know which is the current firmware by number so i can compare? thank you

1 Like

Same here! It seemed to work okay for the first month and now all of a sudden it goes offline and now it’s choosing which devices to keep offline so I have to remove the device reconnect it but the bridge never gets reconnected. Never had this issue before it is infuriating and I agree with all the people that wrote their messages before me. There is no permanent fix for this. I have tried also removing the location and putting it somewhere else and that still does not work. My Internet carrier is fine everything is connected there and I agree it is definitely infuriating.

Hi neighbors. If you have tried the steps mentioned in the previous comments and are still having the same concern, the next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to further investigate and work towards a solution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.