Need Help on Pathway light Settings

He Users. Just made the full switch over from Simplisafe to Ring–always had Ring Doorbell and Floodlight Cam. Now have Ring Alarm, indoor Cams and Pathway lights(w bridge) as well. Wanted to set up my pathway lights to only have motion activate from 10pm until 5 am–and when it activates wanted to turn on all the other lights as well as turn on the cameras.

The Light Sensors are turned on which would make you think they were not activating during the day but looking at historty they are- I had also turned on a motion schedule so notifications would not happen from 5am to 10pm—but that is just the notification i believe not the actual motion sensor itself.

I figure someone else must have done this already so hoping for some help-

Also—any power users out there—I have smartthings set up with all my other outdoor lighting and home controls ----so any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Dxfiles

Hi there!

You are completely right, motion schedule only affects your notifications, the lights will still go on if there’s motion and dark outside (with light sensor enabled).

AFAIK, only wired lights have a light scheduling option. battery lights only have a dusk-to-dawn glow mode. I believe it’s all about battery life preservation. my floodlight wired does have a scheduling option though.

what light sensor sensitivity do you have set? I also had this problem, I had it set to high, so the lights activated even if it was quite bright outside. you may play with adjusting this setting for different lights differently and testing them during the daytime/nighttime.

‘Also—any power users out there—I have smartthings set up with all my other outdoor lighting and home controls ----so any ideas are appreciated.’ – what exactly do you need help with?