Manual Turn On Times (Wired Floodlights)

Hello,

It appears when manually turned on via the Ring app the smart wired floodlight turns on, with a pop-up notification in the app telling you how long the light will remain on (with the option to edit the time). The allowable (editable) “on” times are:

• 1 minute (default)
  • 5 minutes
  • 10 minutes
  • 15 minutes (max)

Why is there not an option for “until turned off”? This behavior seems designed to cater to battery powered lights, but not wired floodlights. Making a smart wired floodlight mimic the behavior of a dumb floodlight connected to a switch seems pretty straight forward use case. [Once you edit the time, it appears to become the new default.]

Note the wired floodlight camera appears to keep its light on “until turned off” by default (in fact there does not appear an option for any other behavior) when manually activated from the Ring app.

3 Likes

We hear you, @BigFan. This feedback has been given directly to the team and I’ll be sure to update this thread of any updates as they come in. Keep sending in your questions or concerns!

1 Like

Hi @BigFan ! We now have the option to select ‘Until you turn off’ for the Wired Floodlight. Let us know how you are liking your Smart Lights and if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Thanks! I see the option now on my android device (1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, and “until I turn it off”). I will give it a test.

–Rob

I tested the new “until I turn it off” option and it seems to work as expected (mimics a traditional on-off switch).

Thanks!

–Rob Bond

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad to hear :slight_smile: Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.