Mailbox Sensor alerts

It feels like the Mailbox Sensor was an after thought as it’s hidden in the Ring App under (Smart) Lights. Are there plans for it to be given its on category?

Also, is there a way to customize notifications for the sensor? I would like to receive notifications for the sensor but not for some motion alerts.

Hi @tigering. The Mailbox Sensor is grouped with the Smart Lights because they both share connectivity with the Ring Bridge. This connection allows you to set up Motion Schedules for when you don’t want to receive notifications from your Mailbox Sensor. I hope this is the customization you were looking for!

Will the feature ever be added so we can share the Mailbox Sensor with other people? I bought it for my wife as a Christmas present and she cannot receive any alerts because there is no share option. This is a HUGE oversight. If the mail arrives, I don’t want to be the only person to know about this. I know there are other threads regarding this and support has been silent. The product has been out long enough to receive proper support, and to be honest, this should have been a feature to begin with.

1 Like

Hi @SirShavesALot. Thanks for sharing your feedback. While this is not currently an available feature, we actually do have a feature request for this on our Feature Request board here, which you’re welcome to upvote and share your feedback there as well. :slight_smile: