Light Group Issues - Lights On/Off not working AND Cannot change Auto-Shutoff Timer

What’s the version of the app that fixed it?

This continues to be a frustrating issue for me, I have the latest Ring app and iOS device. All lights work great individually but toggle does not work for light group. What was literally 1 click on ADT Pulse now takes a solid memory and 4+ clicks :slight_smile:

Same here, still seeing these issues as of May 26. Things I’ve tried:

-Update iOS + Ring App

-Restart Ring Alarm Hub

-Restart Lighting Bridge

-Restart bulbs (i.e. cut power)

-Rename/delete/create new groups

Between each of these steps, I’ve stepped away for 10-15 minutes to make sure it’s not just me toggling too many times, but not that I can tell.

Again, to be clear, I can toggle both lights individually - no problem whatsoever, nice and quick and responsive. However, when I try to toggle them as a group, nothing. For me, I don’t even get an error message. I turn them on in the app, and it reports “Lights activated until I turn them off”, but nothing happens - bulbs are still dark. The little slider switch in the app will stay in the “on” position for a few seconds, but then it slides back to the “off” position, presumably after syncing with the lights and realizing they’re not actually on.

Ive been having this issue for a while now. Light groups are very unresponsive, if responsive at all. i am able to turn the lights on individually and they respond quickly (one at a time). when i try to turn them on in groups, no luck.

i have deleted the app and re installed… i have changed my wifi network as it was original on google wifi. nothing seems to work. the bridge gets stuck “updating” then the lights show that they are “updating” for long periods of time. I’ve tried unplugging and resetting the bridge as well… is this a ring issue or an issue with my bridge possibly? this issue does not seem to be affecting the lights on my wired floodlight camera or spotlight cam battery.

So just purchased 8 lights and the bridge and see the last post was from May. I am seeing the same issues with the groups being unresponsive but individual control is fine. Looking at the bridge the green light shows when a signal is sent to the lights and this is only happening when the individual slider is selected. Is ring still working this issue or is it considered closed?

I am also having the same issue with two spotlights. I can turn them on/off individually but they fail at the group level with an error to try again. I’ve tried delwting and adding the group and devices but this did not solve the issue. Using android app version 3.28.1.

Hi neighbors! If you are experiencing concerns with the Auto Shutoff Time or connection, the best next step is to ensure the Bridge is connecting optimally to your Smart Lighting devices and that the Bridge has a strong connection to your wifi. If you have not already, please also check that your Ring app is up to date.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Can control individual lights and bulbs but not groups. Not sure what happened but was working fine yesterday. Kind of useless now since I have 10 plus pathlights that now have to be activated individually and multiple bulb fixtures that only turn on one bulb at a time.

1 Like

WOW! I’m having the same concern. I noticed it about 11:00pm last night when I went to turn on the light group to let my dogs out. All lights turn on individually, but not as a group. Error message comes up. Everything was working perfectly as it should earlier in the evening and months prior. I re-installed the app, re-installed the light bridge, as well as re-installed all the individual light devices. Still having the same concern. I was till 4:00am trouble shooting with no results. I’m sure if I contact customer support their going to tell do trouble shoot everything I did already with no success. Very aggravating for the amount of money spent on full house security/cameras/lighting/additioan Z Wave devices. I’m hoping that it’s a glitch with the app due to multiple people having the same issue at the same time frame and RING fixes it soon.

Internet went out for a few hours, now none of my smart light groups work. I’ve reinstalled the app. Deleted and re-added devices and groups. Nothing fixes the problem. I can toggle the lights on indivually, but not groups. Please help.

After an hour with tech support they have no clue and are sending me a new bridge

Same issue here. As of 9/18 I can no longer control lights using the group function. Can only control them invididually. Thousands of dollars of wasted equipment. I am extremely unhappy.

My internet went out for a few hours last night and today when I woke up I reset everything and got it all back up and running. My smart light groups won’t work though. I’ve tried everything to get them to work again. I deleted and re-added the groups and devices, deleted and reinstalled the Ring and Alexa apps. Re-added my bridge, changed bridge wifi channels, tried re-adding devices with Alexa Ring skill disabled, Alexa app uninstalled, and all Echo/Dots unplugged. I have no idea what to do at this point. I have over 40 devices and thousands of dollars invested into this and if I can’t get this feature working it’s all pretty much wasted.

After messing w/ my groups and devices all day, I managed to get the light groups to work w/ Alexa. I know its not a fix for the RING app but i’m assuming that my bridge is fine since I can turn groups on and off through Alexa echo. Hope this can help somone for a temporary solution until a fix for the RING app comes along for the group toggle function.

This exact same thing has just happened to me. I had a bulb connected to my Doorbell Pro to come on at night when there is motion detected by the doorbell. Worked great for over a month. All of a sudden there is no linkage and I then discovered that the only way to get the light to even turn on at all was to do it individually as a device on the app. No group on/off is functional at all. No wonder it isn’t linked anymore. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling app, same with bridge and bulb. Even tried a new bulb that I hadn’t installed yet. Called support and they have no clue. So dissapointing. They need to fix this now.

Problem is solved with my system. Seems like everything started working again on its own this morning.

I wish I new exactly what the fix is. Seems like in my opinion it was an app issue. There was no

update for the app. Everything just started to workmon its own. Good luck eveyone hopfully your system will fix itself as well.

Same problem here. I have a Ring Video Doorbell Pro, a Ring Spotlight camera wired, a Ring Solar Floodlight, a Ring Bridge, and 4 Ring A19 Smart bulbs (in 2 different groups). I have the autoshutoff timer for both of the smart light groups for 5 minutes. I have both smart light groups linked to motion at the Doorbell and Spotlight cameras, so that if either one detects motion, it should turn both smart light groups on for 5 minutes. I have toggled the auto-shutoff timer away from 5 minutes and back several times. When ever motion occurs, the lights automatically turn off in 1 minute or less. Also, then I select “Turn on All Lights” from the Lights Dashboard, they also automatically turnoff in 1 minute or less.

1 Like

November 29, 2021 and the auto shut still not working. Front porch has the ring spotcam I want that light to stay on for a minute since it is getting dark early. I changed the settings in the app it will not save! My ring app is up to date and reading the posts on here and google it seems to ongoing issue with ring itself! Hope it gets fixed soon!

Try manually toggling the individual Smart Lighting on via the specific Ring Smart Lighting device page in the Ring app. When you manually turn on a Smart Light, a banner should appear which will allow you to also edit the turn on duration.

See if changing this, and your Auto-Shutoff as described above, will work. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

Similar stuff here. Bulbs were working fine yesterday. Now they say Ring Bridge Offline. I have rebooted and tried the usual suspects, but problem remains. I havent had it that long, and started yesterday.