Issues with Pathlight firmware update

My new Pathlight cannot get past the firmware update to finish setting up. It bounces between the 2 screens attached.

This is a replacement for a Pathlight that had the same issue.

Shouldn’t they send new Pathlights with the most current firmware?

Hi @McColo. Have you already been in touch with our support team regarding this concern? If you have, it would be best to follow up with them again to take a closer look at this firmware update. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Yes. I’ve already been sent 1 replacement, which had the same issues and spent over an hour on the phone with support. Sent it back and am now waiting for a second replacement.

1 Like

The reason why I needed to reconnect my Pathlight is that I was following the solution to an issues detailed here: Ring Bridge - Numerous Online Offline Messages because several lights kept going offline, even though lights on either side were fine. So I disconnected this light and tried to reconnect with no luck. The offline lights don’t even do “dusk to dawn”. They just randomly double flash – all day – which I’m sure is draining the batteries. Tonight I removed the batteries from all the lights having issues, leaving just 2 connect (at least they will do dusk to dawn).

Attached are pics from the iPhone app - when trying to set up the Pathlight it bounces back and forth between these screens.

So I tried the other step of removing the Bridge from my app. Our router was thinking it was under a DDS attack from it’s MAC address. I’m wondering if there’s another firmware update that is causing issues. And I still cannot add a new Pathlight now that Bridge is re-set.

Mine is literally the same situation. Additionally, I have been promised 2 replacements and have only seen one, with the same exact issues as the 2 being replaced.

Is it really that difficult to send the replacements with the updated software? Also, I am not entirely convinced the replacement is going to be any better than the first 2 that have stopped working.

How do we elevate this to a higher level of concern? It is really frustrating to keep wasting time getting this to sync, update and replace only a few months later.