Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Ring Transformer wont turn off landscaping lights

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Help!! Ring Transformer wont turn off landscaping lights

I didn't actually change the time zone, I just recalculated the on/off times based on on the history log on/off times. I wanted them to come on at 8:00 PM and off at 6:00. When I set these times in the schedule, the lights were coming on at 1:00 PM and off at 11:00PM. So, I changed the On time to 3:00 am (8:00 PM +7) and off at 1:00 PM (6:00 AM +7). It's a little easier to look at it on the 24 Hour clock

On: 20:00+7:00 = 03:00

Off: 06:00+ 7:00 = 13:00

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same issue.  The ring transformer never automatically turns off.  I have removed the app and reinstalled.  I have deleted the schedule and recreated.  Nothing fixes.

Has anyone found a fix?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My current fix is to use alexa routines to control the landscape transformer instead of Ring

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Add me to the list.

I don’t even use schedules. Instead everything is based off motion detection for a walkway. Front is the solar flood light with motion. Walkway lights are wired Hampton Bay LED 3W low voltage. Rear is One rear motion sensor.

It all worked....for about 3 days. Then the transformer disappeared. Removed devices groups, reset everything, reinstalled everything. Worked for 1 week. Now once motion is detected the wired LV lights won’t turn off.

Thx Ring for wasting my time again and again. It is simple ‘listen’ on/off timer program.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey ring- to be clear- I’m about one day away from taking this transformer, smashing it with a hammer, posting a picture to every website and forum I can find, and then mailing it back to your corporate office with attention to James (your website won’t let me put his last name).
Highlighted
Community Manager

We greatly appreciate your continued feedback and patience with this matter. Some neighbors have shared what worked for them in this thread. Removing and readding the Transformer, or removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, might help to improve functionality. If it did not, please check out our Smart Lighting Transformer installation help center article to ensure all criteria there has been met.

Rest assured, we have shared this feedback with our team who has been investigating and is working to resolve these concerns as we speak! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi neighbors! Feel free to let us know if these concerns have since been resolved. 

If not, please remove the current schedule and set new schedules, as well as  turn on/off the lights from the Ring app so that the use count gets cleared.

Additionally, check on the settings for your linked devices to ensure they are adjusted properly with no restrictions to light up when motion is detected. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.