Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Ring Transformer wont turn off landscaping lights

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Help!! Ring Transformer wont turn off landscaping lights

Hello,

Under Lights, I have a group called Landscape lights. Under that group, I have my Transformer device. 

My transformer has a light schedule on for all seven days to turn the landscaping lights on at dusk and turn off at dawn. I even tried the custom timings but that still doesn't work. 

My issue is that the transformer turns the light on at dusk but won't turn off at dawn. I called Ring support and they told me to remove the group and create a new group and try again but that has not helped. I am really frustrated now as sometimes I forget to turn it off manually and some of the landscaping bulbs have already been dead. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Fixed!

Mine our now working! I have a ring transformer, 3 A19 smart bulbs, and a motion sensor.

There are TWO things  that can make you have the doesnt shut off problem.  To fix it, you're going to have to remove the transformer and add it back in again  to do this.

PREFACE: go to transformer device page on your ring app,  click on Device Health - firmware should be 1.8.3-29 or higher. If not call support they can push an update to it.

#1- There`s an issue of some corruption in the config. IF YOUR RING TRANSFORMER HAS EVER DISAPPEARED FROM YOUR DEVICE PAGE, AND YOU HAD TO RESCAN THE QR CODE TO ADD IT BACK IN, ITS CORRUPTED.

But to confirm, you need to delete all the devices out of the device group, and then remove the group. If its corrupted you will get an error removing the device group.

So to fix this, you basically need to reinstall everything,  ESPECIALLY THE BRIDGE.  If you hold down the button on the bridge (need a paperclip) for 30 seconds it will revitalize the bridge.

Add it back in, the go to your Ring Transformer,  hold down the lit button for 30 seconds, reset the power to it, add it back in.

If you have other devices in your lighting group, add them in  BEFORE creating ANY lighting schedules.

To create the lighting schedules, go to your lighting group, and click on lighting schedules. Dont  click on a device and then create it there. Lighting schedules created at the lighting group level will give you a  prompt to COPY the schedule to other lighting devices. EASY.

NOW IF YOU HAVE THE A19 RING SMART BULBS.... they still will not follow the schedule. You'll need to call support and ask them to "contact the A19 smart bulb product manager and ask him to download the hot fixes to your bulbs" . You'll need to send support a screenshot of the device health page for each smart bulb. The product manager dude is a great guy and VERY responsive.

If you dont want to call, the hotfixes will all be downloaded in about 3 weeks. 

The smart bulbs is a killer add to your landscape lighting. The bulbs are dimmable through the app, so those lights can come on along with your low voltage stuff.

We have out timer to go on at dusk, off at midnight. If the motion sensor strips after midnight everything comes on for 5 minutes!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Help!! Ring Transformer wont turn off landscaping lights

Did u try uninstalling the ring app and reinstall?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Deleting the timer schedule and setting brand new schedule worked for me
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Under light schedules - I deleted the old schedule and created a new one. I will let you know if this works. Thanks!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

still not working. My lights are still on. Do i have a faulty Transformer?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have been experiencing the same issue for a few weeks now. Very, very frustrating. Tried resetting the transformer as well deleting the schedule and creating a new one. Also tried different types of schedule (specific off time, delta hours after on time, etc). Nothing worked. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having the same issue again. App reinstall worked at first. Now my landscape lights stay on all night long despite setting "off" time to 10:15pm. Ring transformer looks to be a bad buy. Not sure what else to do but to deal with ring support, which is never any help. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My transformer won’t turn off either, I tried all the recommendations and nothing worked. I am going to add a second schedule to turn the lights off at 6:00 AM and see if it works. The event history doesn’t show any Turn Off events
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I tried setting a second schedule, turn on 11:24 AM , turn of 11:25 AM. Turns on fine, but Turn Off is not working. I am contacting Ring, this seems like an issue on their side
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having the same problem and have tried all these things too. Ring needs to help!