Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

GE Wall toggle switch won’t pair with Ring

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: GE Wall toggle switch won’t pair with Ring

You have to have the Ring alarm base station very close to the device during setup.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Do you know how close is that? I tried to pair it within 3 feet between the base and the switch, and still have no success.... My ring app does sense the trigger when I press on the dimmer rocker, however, the "device not found" message is immediately displayed and I cannot add the switch to the Ring system....

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

3 feet is fine.
Unfortunately, I dont have any other ideas.
I had a GE smart plug and took me 6 tries to get it connected and I wasn't really sure why it worked the 6th time.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the exact same problem. I have tried the suggestion of bringing the base station closer and despite holding it literally 2' away the GE switch is still not found by Ring and won't pair. 

The lack of troubleshooting and support information is highly frustrating. I think I'm going to return this switch and try one that works over WiFi with it's own app.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

There is an exclusion mode on the app. Go to devices, go into the base station device, go into advanced settings, underzwave a general remove device workflow is there. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you for this suggestion.  I tried in vain to use the GE procedure to reset the switch to factory default (quickly press ON three times, the OFF three times).  

With the Ring Base close to the switch, I used the procedure described by you to remove/exclude the switch.  Once this was done, I was able to add the switch using the Ring app.  I also had the base close to the switch (about 1 foot away) during the ADD process.