Floodlight Wired issue

Hello,

I just installed two floodlight wired and one spotlight battery in my backyard group. Their installation was pretty straightforward and they seem to work very well.

After I set the group’s Motion Schedule to disable alerts from 6 am - 8 pm, one of the floodlights turns on at 8 pm and remains on (indefinitely). The other wired floodlight does not remain on after 8 pm and functions normally.

I figured out that if I manually turn the group’s “Lights” to “On” and then “Off”, the motion light in question works the way it should.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to resolve the issue?

Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you!

Hello @markymark! It sounds like you might have, or had, the “until I turn off” option selected in your Smart Lighting Transformer settings. If you visit your Smart Lighting devices page > select Transformer to visit the Transformer page > Enable the “Lights” toggle > a banner will appear at the bottom of the screen with an “Edit” button > Click edit and ensure you have the desired option selected there. Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the Ring App on my iPhone and I can’t find any Transformer settings. Am I missing something?

Please advise. Thank you!

Sorry about that @markymark , I should have specified those steps to be for your Floodlight Wired device. Unless you own one of the Smart Lighting Transformers, it will not show up in the app.

Instead, follow those same settings but for the Floodlight Wired: Device page > Select Floodlight Wired > Enable Lights toggle > banner should appear at the bottom with “Edit” option > Here you should see the option to leave on until you turn it off manually, or set a time. Let me know if this works and if you have any other questions!