Floodlight Wired Making a Popping / Snapping Sound

I’ve had the Ring Floodlight Wired installed for about 4-5 months. I have three of them.

No issues to date (except for a ludicrously bad feature decision that I’ll leave for another thread).

Today, the device started making a popping / snapping sound. Sounds almost like what happens when a speaker wants to produce audio, but isn’t getting the input correctly.

How can I fix this? Is there a way to “reboot” the device? I looked in the app, and can’t find anything.

1 Like

Hey @adamnash! Is this regarding a Smart Lighting Wired Floodlight, or a Floodlight Camera?

If it is a Floodlight Camera exhibiting poor audio or audio feedback symptoms, I recommend checking the wifi signal strength, or RSSI, found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Please also ensure there are not shared users trying to access the Cam during these instances.

Apologies, but this is completely unhelpful. The WiFi is fine, and hasn’t changed. My floodlight has been making annoying popping noises continuously all week.

For some reason, Ring decided not to put a command in the app to reboot the device, which is a disaster because I can’t easily reach it and it’s hard wired… because it’s a floodlight.

Anyone have a fix? Otherwise, I’m going to either need to cut power or rip this thing out of the wall with a 12 foot ladder.

@adamnash You do have a couple options to reboot your Floodlight Camera if this is what you have, and not the Floodlight Wired that is associated to the Ring Smart Lighting System. For the Floodlight Cam, you can go to the top of it and press and hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. This will reboot the device, and from there you can see if you have this popping/snapping sound still. Additionally, you can also disconnect power from the device to completely power it down for 60 seconds before restoring power.

The second option is to reach out to our support team here. If your device is online, they are able to do a remote reboot for you. From there, they can assess this further for you in order to see what the root cause of this odd sound is.