Floodlight Wired Eave Installation

Do I have this hung correctly or backwards (see picture)? Seems like the motion directly in front doesn’t pickup until you’re right in front of it.

It’s not made to work like that. You’d need a special mount.
Here are how it’s made to work placed 9n a wall.
https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000124983-Proper-Positioning-for-Your-Floodlight-Cam

Hey tampaken, I think it’s backwards, and you need to turn it around. Your motion sensor should be facing TOWARD the light heads, not away from them. See this screenshot from the manual (attached).

Please let me know if that works!

I got some wired flood lights and want to mount them on the eave. My problem is that I cannot follow instructions on page 21-22-22-23. I can detach the motion sensor (that is easy) but I cannot put it back in 180deg turned (see page 21 B, and attached image). The motion sensor seems to only attach one way. What am I missing?

I had the same problem. Whether it’s right or wrong this is how I hung my light (see pic). It’s been up for months and works just fine.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I don’t think this is an option for me because I really need to have the sensor be sensative to motion further away from the light rather then just below it. It seems that in your setup the sensor is “pointing down”. I assume you cannot have it point more up, can you?

The thing that bothers me is that the documentation says it can be installed under an eave (see https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025169211-Floodlight-Wired-Information#section_14) and the design seems to (finally) accomodate it by being able to switch the sensor by 180deg and the manual also explains how to do it. But, it simply doesn’t work (and you can see why if you look at the baseplate).

Did anyone reach out to Ring directly? Am I the only one being bothered?

Hi there, @ppastorsa. The Floodlight will support the mounting under an eave. As shared by @tampaken, that image reflects a proper mounting visual. If your scenario is different, or the instructed mounting does not match your options, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know any results you find with the team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a new option for mounting a ring floodlight camera under the eaves of your home.

1 Like

There is a bracket available on Etsy that allows for the ring floodlight camera to be properly mounted under the eaves.