cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Thank you for your patience! Community is back up and running. Please flag a Moderator if you experience any issues while posting. Thank you :)

Do the battery-powered lights send out low-battery warnings?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Do the battery-powered lights send out low-battery warnings?

I'm interested in buying some battery-powered lights. When their batteries are low, will I be notified somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Do the battery-powered lights send out low-battery warnings?

Hi @mrmlt. If a device's battery is critically low, the functionality may be affected and the device could report as offline. The best first step, if the device is reporting offline, is to replace the batteries. Additionally, during the duration of the batteries' charge, the battery general health can be seen in the Ring app with the green, yellow or red battery symbol indication.

Please note that all battery-powered Ring Smart Lighting products are designed to last around a year on one set of batteries under normal use. You can learn more about battery life in our Ring Help Center Article here.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Do the battery-powered lights send out low-battery warnings?

Hi @mrmlt. If a device's battery is critically low, the functionality may be affected and the device could report as offline. The best first step, if the device is reporting offline, is to replace the batteries. Additionally, during the duration of the batteries' charge, the battery general health can be seen in the Ring app with the green, yellow or red battery symbol indication.

Please note that all battery-powered Ring Smart Lighting products are designed to last around a year on one set of batteries under normal use. You can learn more about battery life in our Ring Help Center Article here.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post