Connecting to Pathlights

I connected to the bridge no problem. Following prompts I started the pathlight connection. The light actually went on but the app timed out saying no connection no matter how many times I tried. I have 4 lights but have not been able to get even 1 to connect. Help please.

Hey @TAFly66. Are you still having this concern? If you are, please let me know and I’m happy to help further, but if not, please let me know how you got this resolved! I would recommend power cycling the Bridge and trying to set them up again if this is still persisting.

I’ve had the same issue and been sent TWO replacement Pathlights. None will get past the set up. I now have 6 of 7 Pathlights that no longer work and I cannot reconnect them. I will call support again (the fourth time) but just want to return them all.

I’m having similar problems. Tried to install 2 new path lights and can’t get past the firmware update. I returned both. Two more arrived today and same problem. There is either a component problem in the pathlights or the the firmware/Ring Ap has a bug. I’ve tried everything suggested and no success. Can’t believe that I could be so unlucky as to receive 4 defective lights. They have an issue and they obviously are not addressing it and just giving everybody the run around. Ring support was absolutely no help whatsoever. They had me try things I had already done. Frustrated is an understatement. If I can’t get better support than this, maybe it’s time to consider a different vendor.

Hi @JimBro. Since your replacement Pathlights are not working properly, would you mind following up with our support team directly on this? Let them know that you received a replacement and it’s still exhibiting the same behaviors as before, and they’ll be able to look more closely into this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

So, here I am a month and a half later. I now have pathlight numbers 5 and 6. Ring software has upgraded two version levels and still unable to get past the firmware update screen. I guess I should be happy that the one original pathlight I’ve had for over a year still works, and that is all I’m ever going to be able to connect to this system. This is rather disconcerting given the amount of money I have invested in Ring products. Based on other posts, it appears that this has been a problem for over 4 months. Not what I’d consider responsive. At some point Bestbuy is going to ask me what my problem is, and will likely stop allowing me to return/exchange these pathlights. I’d like to know if this issue is even being worked on. My guess is NO.