cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Auto Shutoff Timer for the Ring Floodlight Battery

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Changing the Auto Shutoff Timer for the Ring Floodlight Battery

I have the battery floods and one day i realized i can control the auto shutoff. Ring must have pushed a new firmware to the floodlights. I didn’t do anything to make it work. Sorry about that....

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi neighbors! If the Light toggle duration is not saving, please select the option to "Turn on until I turn them off" and confirm that your lights stay remain on for longer than a couple minutes. Please also ensure your toggle lights on, for an entire light group, also works.

Once tested, and successful, please attempt to change the duration. Feel free to update us on the results. In the meantime, we've got the appropriate teams here investigating this concern. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Unless I'm in the wrong setting, there is no option to "Turn on until I turn them off", only settings for 30s, and 1,3, and 5 minutes. Also, I can turn on the one light I have currently installed by selecting that specific light, but attempting to turn on the group that the light is in yeids a "Something didn't go right. Please try again." So settings and controls of individual lights seems to work, but settings and controls as a group do not. Also noticed that if I open the settings for my alarm base station, and go to linked devices, I cannot save the setting to have my light group turn on when the alarm goes into entry delay.

EDIT: I didn't realize at first that this post was about the battery-powered floodlight; however, I am having the same issue with a wired floodlight.

/* */