cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Auto Shutoff Timer for the Ring Floodlight Battery

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Changing the Auto Shutoff Timer for the Ring Floodlight Battery

I have installed three Ring Floodlight Battery but whenever I attempt to change the auto shutoff timer from 30 seconds to any other value, save the change. it still is set to 30 seconds.  Any suggestions on how to remediate this anomaly?  

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Changing the Auto Shutoff Timer for the Ring Floodlight Battery

Give our support team a call! We can take a further look into this to ensure everything is up and running to its full potential Smiley Happy 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I worked with support for over an hour and still don't have a resolution.   Has anyone else encounted an issue changing the Auto-Shutoff Time with the Ring Floodlight BATTERY lights?

Highlighted
Community Manager

We will send this to the team for further investigation. Thank you.

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue with wired Smart Lights.   I have two Smart Lights set up as a Group and I'm unable to change Light Settings from 30 Seconds to 1 Minute.  I am saving the change before exiting Light Settings and when I go back in the Setting is set to 30 Seconds. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'll add this additional comment here.  When I posted my previous comment, I'm kicked out of the forum and taken to the Ring LOGIN Page 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for letting me know that the problem is also with the wired smart lights.  I was planning on buy the wired smart lights.  I believe the smart lights were released this year so maybe RING will remediate the issue with a firmware update.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I happened to try setting the auto shutdown today AND IT WORKED!  I have a feeling a new firmware version was released to fix the problems.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just installed two battery powered spotlights this weekend and I have the same problem. I set the auto off to 5 minutes, but the lights turn off at the 1 minute mark. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just installed 2 new spot lights this past week, facing the same problem, searching for answer and read this post, has this issue been solved? if yes, please share the solution.

I had contacted tech support at least 3 times, no solution, each time they pointed to a different directions, two of the tech supports told me to uninstall & re-installed Ring app, which I did, same issue.