Bridge won’t connect

Zadly, what do you mean after you reset your bridge? Like you did a full reset?

SamG

Yes. I did a full reset by pressing the reset button. I can’t recall how long I have to hold down the reset button. I followed the instruction from Ring.com on how to reset the bridge.

After the full reset, I followed the instruction again to set up the bridge.

Zaldy

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have tried 2 differnt bridge units and will not get past Scanning for available Wi-Fi networks. I have tried resetting bridge by holding down the button for 10 sec. I have tried it with the bridge setting on top of the wi-fi router still not showing any networks. All other ring devices work properly and are connected to the wi-fi. 2 Cameras, doorbell alarm all fine. Bridge just will not connect to wi-fi. Looks like the app connect to the bridge then when it switches to scanning for available networks nothing. Please help before i have to return another one and all the lighting fixures i boaught.

1 Like

You could try to go into your settings at that moment it’s searching and select your network from there. I don’t know what phone you have, so this is just a guess. Also, have you changed anything with your wifi system at all since you installed you other Ring devices?

I have connected camera’s to the same network at the same time and they connected fine. My phone connects to the bridge but when it searches for the wi-fi netwaork it never comes back with anything.

1 Like

That is strange. It’s not your network. It could be your phone… What are you using? Some have settings that will switch to mobile data if it can’t find a wifi connection with the internet.

Its a samsung andriod.

Make sure in your wifi settings that switch to mobile if wifi doesn’t have internet or something like that is disabled before you try the Ring connection.

I switched to my iPad ring app and it connected and to the wi-fi no problem. must be a setting on my andriod phone. I new it shouldn’t be that hard to setup.

3 Likes

Awesome. It’s a setting in wifi. I’ve seen it before. But using another device will get around this too. Glad it’s working.

hey!

what’s the app version you are using? is it Android?

I had this issue with the android app. I had to update the application to the latest one available in the play market and the setup worked.

hi im having the same issue… already try 2 ring bridge the same problem. can you provide the steps you do to sort this out. thanks. RING takes time to get through them

I used a Ipad that only had wifi connectivity. The app on my andriod phone would not work to setup the device. but after i set it up it works fine from the andriod app.

I use a galaxy s9+ and I cannot connect the bridge. I have done (to much frustration and waste of time)

1. Reset my modem

2. Reset my router

3. Tried to connect to 2.4

4. Tried to connect to 5

5. Tried to scan the code

6. Tried to set up manually

7. Tried to unplug and plug back in

8. Tried to connect to my two extenders

9. Tried to reset

10. I’ve read the manual

11. I’ve gone on Youtube

12. I’ve gone on Reddit.

The only thing that does not follow instructions is that I do not get “two” flashing lights when booting, only the green one. It then moves to the flashing blue light and I run through the above nine steps, over and over, and over.

4 Likes

@lisalisa

it’s not your ring devices that have the problem, it’s your android system is. I was successful with my first one using android and it was a struggle, and after that, I was not able to add another ring device to my bridge using android.

I started using an Apple device after my first one. I never had a problem connecting with the Apple device.

If you only have android device, there is a solution and you could find it somewhere in the ring community discussion. I can’t remember exactly where I found it.

So I’ve gone through all the posts here and tried every step (resetting the router, resetting the bridge, etc.) other than resetting the cable modem. I’ve used 2 different iPhones and my Wi-Fi only iPad but to no avail. Does SUPPORT have some other steps that should I call them and they will convey to me?

Hi neighbors! If the previously recommended steps are not working to resolve this concern, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team. Feel free to let us know how it goes, or what solutions you might find.

I have an iphone 11 and the bridge will not connect to the ring wifi. I have tried to reset the box, i have reset the modem. I have uninstalled the app many times trying to set up my pathway lights and still no connection. The bridge itself will have the power light on for a few mins, and then the start up blue ligh will start to blink and the power light will vanish.

Any sugestions?

I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 10xr

I’m having same problem with Samsung S9. Got the doorbell working. Trying to get a RING Bridge setup. What a hunk of junk. I know wifi signal strength is not a problem. I get it on my network, and it says it is applying settings for like 10 minutes, then fails.