Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

Bridge won’t connect

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Bridge won’t connect

I struggled with this for about 2 hours tonight. Using Android 8S, absolutely couldn't get the doorbell connected. This on a device I've had for a few years now, so it feels like the byproduct of a release. Grabbed an old iPhone that I'm using as a hotspot, and grabbed the latest version. It connected immediately. Definitely an android issue. Community managers, please escalate immediately. This is an obvious defect.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

You mean a Samsung S8? Most likely it's the wifi settings. It happens when you have switch to data if no internet is connected turned on. When your phone tried to connect to the bridge, your phone sees no internet connection and switches to data in the background causing it to fail to connect to the bridge. Turn the setting off and it should work fine. Hope this helps.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue with a Samsung 9, after having the Bridge work successfully for over a year. Resetting the router, uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app, and resetting the bridge, for over a week, to the point my router shut down from all of the attempts. This is definitely a bug that should be escalated.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Eagle328. As @Eagle328 mentioned, this is most likely due to some of the settings on your Android device. Some of these settings include turning off your network smart switch, making sure your location services are on, and that the Ring app has all permissions allowed. We've also compiled a list of Android apps that are known to conflict with the Ring app, which can be found here. If you need help with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

So I have to choose between security for my phone and ring bridge?  Sure would have been nice to know this before I wasted the time I'll never get back.

@Tom_Ring wrote:

Hi @Eagle328. As @Eagle328 mentioned, this is most likely due to some of the settings on your Android device. Some of these settings include turning off your network smart switch, making sure your location services are on, and that the Ring app has all permissions allowed. We've also compiled a list of Android apps that are known to conflict with the Ring app, which can be found here. If you need help with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.