Battery not holding a charge

I am having trouble with the battery in a 2 month old solar spotlight. The other night the camera was offline and it did not come back during the day while it was sunny. I took out the bettery and chareged it fully until only the green light was lite and I removed it from the charger. That was last night. Today I took the battery out and put it back in the spotlight and it came back online but gave me a battery warning. The app indicates the battery is at 19% even though Icharged it yersterday and let it off charge overnight.

I see these possibilities:

1. The green indicator went off before the battery was fully charged

2. The battery discharged overnight without being conected to a device

3. The battery indicator in the spotlight is not working.

I guess the best thing to do would be to try another battery but this is my only battery powered Ring device. My other devices are hardwired.

John

Hey there, @johnbcasey! Is this regarding a Smart Solar Floodlight or a Spotlight Camera Solar? Utilizing two batteries with these devices can certainly maximize time between necessary charges, especially when a Solar Panel is applying a charge to the batteries. As it sounds like you’ve charged this battery for several hours using the USB and a standard outlet, it should be sufficiently charged. If this is regarding a Spotlight Camera, it can sometimes take a motion event or some time for the Ring app to update the battery status, but should have by now. We do have additional batteries available on our accessories page at Ring.com. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: