Android App 3.22.3: only allows PM not AM for linked lighting

I tried setting linked device from motion sensor to pathlight but the app does not allow to saving AM from time picker

Hey @HH1, could you try removing the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app? Once reinstalled, try to set the timer again as you would like. If this continues to not work, please let me know your Android’s OS version and your Ring app version so I can pass on this information!

Still doesn’t work

Android’s OS version: 8.0.0

Ring app version" 3.22.3

Same for app version 3.23.0

@HH1 Thank you so much for this information! It is greatly appreciated. I have passed on this information to the appropriate team for you. Additionally, they are requesting a screen recording of you attempting to change the time to AM and not PM, and it reverting back to PM/not sticking to AM. If you could gather this and reply in this forum with that video, this would help benefit my team. If not, no worries, the screenshots and information you have provided is good enough! :slight_smile:

I will make sure to update you accordingly once I get more information back from them on this concern. It may take some time, so I appreciate your patience in the meantime. If you ever need in real time updates, you can also reach out to our support team here.

As requested

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rH1qfkSAqsLXMdga8

@HH1 Fantastic, this is very much appreciated! I am watching this concern for you and will make sure to update you with any new information I find out. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Any update, I have the same problem.

Thank-You

Blair

Hi Chelsea,

I have the same problem, any update?

Hi there, @BlairSimister! As long as android is updated to it latest version this should not occur. If you have not tried already, removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device is a great step. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled, or any android apps that might conflict with the Ring app installed, on your mobile device. I hope this helps!

I have 2 devices - One Brand New Samsung S20 UI O/S Version 3 - 3 weeks old - Fresh install - Only does PM

One S4 Tablet ~ 1 year old, UI 2 OS - Same thing only does PM.

A number of people are having the problem a reinstall does not fix it.

What else are your developers doing about it?

Thank-You

Blair

Hi there, @BlairSimister! We’ve attempted to get this to happen through testing via android and are unable to run into this concern. Feel free to include a screen recording or images showing where/ how this occurs. I’ll be happy to take a closer look, and see what more the team might suggest further!

@Marley_Ring First we set in Linked devices the 8:00AM, then you see it in the app at 8PM, then the software versions. Let me know what you find

1 Like

Thank you for that quick response, these images were definitely helpful! :slight_smile: Once again, I experienced intended operation when personally testing this, so I had a few more team members attempt on various android devices, including a samsung model. While this concern did not appear for them either, we looked over the images you’ve provided to see if theres anything more we can suggest. They recommend clearing your app cache. Even though you’ve removed and reinstalled the Ring app, clearing the Ring app cached data is a great step, especially for android devices. Additionally, and as a test, try altering your schedule times to see if any configuration sticks, such as an over night schedule, a schedule that does not run over night, and a shorter schedule, just to see if duration variance and and pm/am position makes any difference for you.

If this concern is persisting, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team. It may seem like we’ve covered everything here, but our support team is always coming up with solutions, and can get a second look from our advanced support team, whether for a solution or documenting the feedback in detail for our teams here to review. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know if you find any solutions that might help other neighbors.