A19 bulb flicker

One of my three A19 smart bulbs has started to flicker when on at night. It’s only been 5 months of use for a couple of hours each night on a timed schedule.

I’ve tried switching the bulb to another lamp and also tried to reset the bulb individually with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Sorry to hear about this, @prkchp07! Good call on trying other light fixtures. It’s surprising to hear this did not resolve the lights blinking concern. Of course, the lights should not blink randomly, and the best next step here will be to remove the bulb from the app and set it up again. This can be done by visiting the A19 bulb page in the Ring app, selecting Device Settings, and then selecting General Settings. There will be an option to remove device.

Once removed, simply perform a new setup on this bulb to see if it will prompt an update or fresh connection, to resolve this concern. If it does not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hey @prkchp07. If you’re still having this issue, do you mind posting a video example of this happening? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

1 Like

Thank you. Please see youtube video with the flicker.

https://youtu.be/NoEv-Oe4-MA

2 Likes

@prkchp07 Thank you for sharing this example with us! I’ll make sure to pass this feedback along to the appropriate team. :slight_smile:

I too am having this issue with 1 of my 2 bulbs. The first time it happened about a week ago, I turned off the light switch and when I turned it back on it was gone. Tonight, it happened again (same bulb). Turning off/on the light switch did not fix the issue this time.

Since I was heading out to walk the dog, I left the switch on. After returning from our walk, the bulb was no longer flickering. Both bulbs have a light schedule to turn on at dusk and they probably turned on shortly after I noticed the issue when leaving for our walk.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! For those of you experiencing any flickering of your A19 bulb, is it connected to a dimmer or a fixture that’s designed for 3-way bulbs? If so, please try to connect it to a different light fixture to see if this resolves the problem. Let me know if this fixes the problem, or if it is not connected to that type of light fixture. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ve transferred my bulb between three different regular table lamps (non-dimming). Yet, the problem persists. I’ve removed the bulb from my Ring app and re-installed it, each time, with no success, either. The flicker is consistent whether on the brightest setting or dimmest, set thru the app. It appears the bulb is simply defective at this point. Is a replacement possible, if all other options have failed?

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve had this issue pop up intermittently over the last several evenings. When mine are flickering, it continues throughout the brightness spectrum. I figured I’d post here for updates instead of climbing a ladder to attempt all the troubleshooting steps that don’t seem to be helping others experiencing this issue.

Mine are connected to neither a dimmer nor three way switch.

2 Likes

Hey @Jooks @prkchp07 and @PeteGolian. If you’re still having this issue with your A19 bulb and you’re not using a dimming fixture, and the reset of the bulb (quick switch on/off) or changing this bulb to another fixture couldn’t solve the flickering issue, we would love to be in touch for further assistance here so my team can look into this.

Are we able to have a member from our team reach out to you about this? If so, we would reach out to you using the email address associated with your Community account and a member of our team will be in contact with you. If this is alright, please let me know and I will arrange this for you to ensure that your concern is addressed appropriately. Thank you neighbors!

Hello,

Yes I would like someone to e-mail me for further assistance. That would be great! Thank you.

I’ve been in contact with Suzie, but I guess she’s out of the office. The flickering is worsening to the point where the bulbs will actually shut off for a few seconds at a time.

Yes, feel free to have a member contact me since nothing has helped with fixing the issue with the A19 bulb. I am also now starting to have slightly different flickering issues on my solar floodlight too.

Thank you, neighbors. Members of our team should be reaching out to you soon and in the near future, so please keep an eye on your email inbox. @Jooks There are some delays, but you should be reached out to shortly as well! If anyone else is coming to this thread and having issues still or needs additional help, please contact our support team directly for further assistance.

For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

1 Like

Been two weeks now and no contact from support. Pretty bad customer support experience.

Hi @PeteGolian. Thanks for flagging that with us. we will reach out to our response team that is handling this. I apologize for the delay in this, and appreciate your patience. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, I recommend following up with our support team directly if you still do not get an email contact about this so that it can be looked into further. There may have been an error with the email sent out to contact you, but I’ll make sure our team follows up on this as soon as possible! :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue… It’s in a non dimmable fixture n I tried reset n even removing it n re adding it… No luck. What’s next?

I’m also having the same issue for 2 days now. I had to remove the light, it wasn’t livable. I tried the bulb in another fixture, tried a reset, removed and reinstalled device on app and messed with the dimmer. The light fixture is a standard non-dimmable fixture.

I’ve had this bulb for about 2 months, please help.

I am having the same issue. Just sent email for support.

I have 6 A19 bulbs. One has started flickering constantly. I have tried all suggestions here, different lamp, it isn’t a dimmable or three-way lamp, quick reset, and removed from line up and reinstalled. No joy!

I would love for customer service to contact me.