A19 Lights Come On With Doorbell Motion

I cannot see how to sync my A19 lights to come on with motion on the Ring Doorbell. My A19 lights are connected to a Bridge. I would like the lights to come on with any motion on the doorbell from like 10PM - 4 AM. Possible??

Steve

Good question @Chappie88! You are able to link your Doorbell to your Smart Light group as well as select a time frame for this rule to be effective. From the Ring app dashboard, open the menu, select Devices, then select your Doorbell, and tap the linked the devices tile. There you should see the light group you created containing the A19 bulb.

Once you’ve selected to link to your A19 bulb, or light group, there will be an option to then select the time frame in which you’d like this to occur. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I followed the instructions to have my A19 light turn on when the doorbell detects motion - but it doesn’t work. The light stays off.

The A19 light is successfully connected to the Bridge and I can ask Alexa to turn on or off the light and it works ev every time.

But the “linked devices” setup is not working. I only have one A19 light installed, so it should be very straight forward.

I also tried to tie it to my indoor ring camera motion detection, also nothing

I also tried to tie to my door sensor, but that didn’t turn on the light either

I have set it up to turn on after 6PM and it is 10:30PM right now…

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Good question @Chappie88! You are able to link your Doorbell to your Smart Light group as well as select a time frame for this rule to be effective. From the Ring app dashboard, open the menu, select Devices, then select your Doorbell, and tap the linked the devices tile. There you should see the light group you created containing the A19 bulb.

Once you’ve selected to link to your A19 bulb, or light group, there will be an option to then select the time frame in which you’d like this to occur. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @pjn1, could you please follow up with our support team on this? If the lights are not coming on through linked events or on a schedule, it may be best to have one of our technical support agents to take a look into your device for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi

I did have a long call with your support team. I was very disappointed to learn that your RING DOORBELL and your RING INDOOR CAMERA and your RING DOOR AND WINDOW SENSORS - NONE OF THEM can be used to simply turn on the A19 smart light bulb

I am going to report this to the BBB as a false advertisement case - you mention the doorbell and sensors IN THE SAME SENTENCE as the light bulb - but in fact - for some reason you have not tied the OUTDOOR lights and sensors in with the indoor and doorbell servers.

The technician talked about “different frequency” - I am an engineer in the wireless business since decades, the frequency has nothing to do with it, you simply are advertising something that 99% of people will misunderstand - and quite frankly - I don’t understand why you don’t tie the absolutely wonderful RING ALARM products into the SMART HOME products such as the light bulb - you could kill the market for Philips Hue and Lutron and others by just having everything work seamlessly - instead with your own BRAND you manage to deploy two separate platforms that could - but won’t talk to each other

I am honestly shocked such a great product company like RING would put its name behind this

I think you need to change your marketing for your outdoor lighting product and no longer associate them with RING since they have nothing to do with the wonderful alarm platform

OR - BETTER - Integrate the backend of ring and ring outdoor lights into a solution that works seamlessly as one platform to the end user - even if they run on separate ones

All you would have to do is to open some APIs and allow some basic ITTT functionality

/Per

So can my Ring peephole camera be linked to a A19 bulb installed in the exterior light fixture that is immediately adjacent to this front door? (I already have a Ring Bridge to control a Ring floodlight at the back of the house.) With the light fixture always powered on (switch always in the “On” position), can these 2 devices be linked such that when the peephole camera detects motion the A19 bulb would illuminate? Thanks!

Great question, @micro! Short answer is yes. Good call on keeping the light switch in the “On” position. Linking your Door View Cam to trigger lights due to a motion should certainly result in the bulb illuminating from that motion event. Feel free to check out our linked devices help center article for more tips on using the feature. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: