Door Sensor Continuously Beeping when door is ope

Just out of the blue one of my ring door sensors is continuously being very few seconds when the door is open. It stops once the door is closes. Didn’t change any settings or hardware. Have no idea why it started. Any suggestions is appreciated.

It is odd to hear of this happening, @Gobucks05. Thank you for sharing! The Contact Sensor can activate a chirp sound upon door opening, but it should not play repeatedly without being initiated again (closed/ open). When this beep sound happens, is it in the form of a chirp or another sound? I recommend checking Alarm history in your Ring app for any event that might cause a continuous sounds, including a entry/ exit delay countdown.

A great test if this concern persists, and if possible, is to bring your Contact Sensor closer to the Base Station and leave open to see if this occurs. This will factor out and signal concerns. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I am having the exact same issue.

When the door is open the ring base station will chime to notify that the door has been opened. However if you leave the door open this notification will happend continously until you close the door.

Swapping batteries and bringing the sensor closer to the base station yeilds no changes.

Please ensure that when your door is open, the Contact Sensor is more than 1.27cm away from the magnet. If they are too close, it could cause a chirp tone to sound. If this problem persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

The door is completely open, so at least a distance of 3ft or more between the sensor and magnet.

1 Like

Has there been any resolution to this? Having same issue: door suddenly started continuously chirping when door is completely open.

3 Likes

This just started happening with my contact sensor. It’s incredibly annoying - I’m about to take a baseball bat to my system and it’s only been three days. Sensor isn’t even a year old.

1 Like

Any resolve to this? My alarm keeps chirping when door is open as well and its very annoying. I can see that there are several others with this problem and no resolve. And yes the door is wide open.

1 Like

This just started happening to me as well. As soon as door opens (and yes, open all the way), it keep repeating the door open beep.

Surprised with so many people having issues that Ring did not provide a public response to this issue. Anyone else found their own solution or somehow resolve the issue?

1 Like

Forgot to mentioned. I did check the history of the door events and sure enough you see it as many entries within the same minute. Door open. Door closed. Door open, door closed. Multiple entry per second.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If the previous troubleshooting suggestions offered by the team here or other neighbors were not successful in resolving your concern, it would be best for you to contact our support team directly so they can take a closer look into this. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m having this same issue. It started 2 weeks ago on one door, and now on another door a few days ago. Rediculous. It’s obviously a bug and Ring needs to sort this out ASAP.

1 Like

I’m having same issue…removed/replaced battery and rebooted base several times. Nothing helps. Any resolutions?

1 Like

This just started happening to a door sensor. System 1 month old.
Is there any solution, recommendations to correct?

1 Like

Same thing happening to me. Hope there is a fix soon I am getting upset.

1 Like

I have been having this same issue for months. I haven’t called support but hope someone has and can post what they may have found here.

1 Like

Same issue here. Anyone get a real answer in how to resolve this issue?

1 Like

Same here. It has to be a big. There are too many people having the same issue. Anyone find a suggestion that actually works?

1 Like

I called customer service and they tried to troubleshoot and it didn’t resolve so the are sending a new sensor. The old sensor is 1st gen and they are replacing it with a 2nd gen so I am hopeful

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issue on one of my door sensors for several months now. Fortunately I don’ t open this door often. I was hoping to see a solution mentioned here, but looks like it requires a sensor replacement. Mine are 1st gen, I need a 2nd gen.