cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Thank you for your patience! Community is back up and running. Please flag a Moderator if you experience any issues while posting. Thank you :)

Door Sensor Continuously Beeping when door is ope

New Neighbor

Door Sensor Continuously Beeping when door is ope

Just out of the blue one of my ring door sensors is continuously being very few seconds when the door is open. It stops once the door is closes. Didn't change any settings or hardware. Have no idea why it started. Any suggestions is appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Door Sensor Continuously Beeping when door is ope

It is odd to hear of this happening, @Gobucks05. Thank you for sharing! The Contact Sensor can activate a chirp sound upon door opening, but it should not play repeatedly without being initiated again (closed/ open). When this beep sound happens, is it in the form of a chirp or another sound? I recommend checking Alarm history in your Ring app for any event that might cause a continuous sounds, including a entry/ exit delay countdown. 

A great test if this concern persists, and if possible, is to bring  your Contact Sensor closer to the Base Station and leave open to see if this occurs. This will factor out and signal concerns. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the exact same issue.

When the door is open the ring base station will chime to notify that the door has been opened. However if you leave the door open this notification will happend continously until you close the door. 

Swapping batteries and bringing the sensor closer to the base station yeilds no changes.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @ak3005. I would make sure that when your door is open, the Contact Sensor is more than 1.27cm away from the magnet. If they are too close, it could cause the issue you are having. If this problem persists, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The door is completely open, so at least a distance of 3ft or more between the sensor and magnet.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has there been any resolution to this? Having same issue: door suddenly started continuously chirping when door is completely open.