Alarm System Product Help

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some assistance with choosing the best products for my home.

My main question is, if i have contact sensors on each of the windows and doors on the ground floor, do I need to set up a motion detector?

I have 2 doors on the ground floor and 3 windows. What products do you recommend to secure the property?

My thoughts are to purchase the 5 piece security kit, add 2 additional alarm contact sensors along with a stick up cam (which will be positioned to see the front door and the window on it’s left).

I would say that yes do do need a motion sensor. If you rely only on contact sensors then if they fail for whatever reason then you have no protection. If you have a motion sensor as well then you have protection in depth.

1 Like

@newtoring1 wrote:

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some assistance with choosing the best products for my home.

My main question is, if i have contact sensors on each of the windows and doors on the ground floor, do I need to set up a motion detector?

I have 2 doors on the ground floor and 3 windows. What products do you recommend to secure the property?

My thoughts are to purchase the 5 piece security kit, add 2 additional alarm contact sensors along with a stick up cam (which will be positioned to see the front door and the window on it’s left).

@newtoring1 ,

Yes, you should get at least one Motion-Detector Sensor. Your Contact-Sensors forms a good perimeter on your doors and windows. But if you are away, the added protection of the Motion-Detector inside will sound the alarm if the intruder enters by breaking a window (without opening and activating the Contact-sensor.

1 Like