video recording length

Hi neighbors – I’m back! Can you please respond to this thread if it is ok with you to reach out to the email address associated with your Community account. I need specific examples for the team. Thank you!

Yes - feel free to reach out to me.

Jennifer,

I really don’t understand what examples you are looking for that you haven’t been able to find in the 11 months of complaints that are part of the “video recording length” thread, but you’re welcome to contact me at the email address associated with my account.

1 Like

@BlackBear110 & @tim137 Thank you! Sent you an email :slight_smile:

Hi Jennifer,

I am unsure what you need in terms of examples as you acknowledge the issue of recording length. But please do reach out, if we can help you reverse this 20second limit and improve it as we are all asking, I’d be pleased to assist.

1 Like

Same here not sure what more you need but you can reach out to me.

Hi Jennifer,

Feel free to send me an email,

Daron

Hi Jennifer, Yes pls reach out to me also on my email. The 2 stick cams I have are completely useless to me as they are. I have a long parking area at my house, by the time a vehcile is seen on the camera, they are just completing the parking and the 20 seconds are up. Therefore I get no data on where they go and what they do after that. Unless they are speedy I dont even get to see them hop out of the vehcile. I need at least a minute of recording. If I had of known this when I purchased I would have definately chosen another brand, I do not believe I am able to return them for a refund which is frustrating, I am stuck.

1 Like

I posted this the other night but someone deleted it. DO NOT DELETE MY POST ON THIS AGAIN. Clearly Ring isn’t going to listen to our feedback since this goes in endless circles as they continue placating us who spent thousands of dollars on their garbage cameras. So I posted a note about this on Twitter and copied major tech media who needs to be made aware of these serious risks faced when depending upon Ring. Feel free to pile on to this Tweet so that the media pays attention to it:

https://twitter.com/bradonrogers/status/1273066723671932930?s=21

5 Likes

And my intent above is to get their attention. They like running us all in circles with their boilerplate replies and answers that never actually answer the problem. Time to get louder.

1 Like

It’s fine with me…please do!

At so many others have pointed out, 30 seconds of video recording is not acceptable. We have three Ring devices and I’m very seriously considering putting them for sale and going with a different camera setup if this doesn’t change very soon. We pay for the premium service and I just don’t understand how the company thinks that 20, 30 or even 60 seconds is an acceptable amount off recording time.

1 Like

This thread have 12 pages with responses from last year November it is June 2020 and Ring still ignoring the feedback of users. Please fix this let the owners select the recording time it makes no sense at all 30 seconds. I have a Ring spotlight in my front porch and I always miss important recording because it stops recording even when motion is still happening. It is dumb to say they are doing it because battery life because I have the camera connected to a super solar panel and battery life is always at 100% so battery is not the issue,
crappy software is. Fix this now

2 Likes

And is funny how they mark the issue ressolved when is not. Everyone on this thread should open a new ticket with the same title.

Let the users set recording time.

1 Like

Neighbors, thank you for this information. I have reached out to a few neighbors on the thread (Thank you!!) and looks like we have identified a few points from the thread. I am well aware of the want of extended recording. We’re taking a look at a few things at the moment and I will be in touch once I hear back from the team.

Thanks

Just beginning my foray into ring, with the peephole, spotlight, and a security system. Is short video a data center space issue? A battery issue (not ring’s choice to make if so). This lack of flexibility is close to rendering these cameras useless in any scenario that takes longer than 30 seconds to 60 seconds. That includes little to no time scoping out what is going to be stolen, and then missing the act anyway.

This has not been fixed yet for a battery powered or wired device. I will not recommend ring to people anymore until it’s changed. Not to mention the ring response is to work in the opposite direction and not address the issue in any way. Only other issue so far is flexibility in allowing user to define actions based off devices. a little more understandable but still frustrating, and not for this post. :angry:

1 Like

When you say open a new ticket, is there a way to ‘open tickets’ with someone from support? Sorry I’m new here, but I searched around the site, and all I see is the ring community board so far,. Which just looks like a genius tactic to never have to deal with the customer except under their own terms, and to watch us all flail about with our complaints, not addressing them. So, I would love to open a ticket to get that feedback to ring more directly.

1 Like

Soo frustrating not being able to record more than 30 seconds, very dissapointed with Ring products as they have the potential to be exceptional cameras, I think 10 sec to 3 mins would be ample time for adjustable recording. Almost all other Battery cam brands record more than Rings 30 secs.

Please Ring listen to your valuable and loyal customers before they jump ship.

1 Like

I would be grateful if you all would direct your ire to the Twitter thread I posted a few before. It will copy the proper tech media who will ultimately pickup a story on it if you direct your comments there. Further when something serious happens (such as an uncaptured assault or worse) it will be clear documentation publicly of the issue.

Very disappointed about the max length of battery-powered cam.

It is very easy for a bad guy who wants to hack the Ring battery cam - trigger the motion, and wait for 30 seconds, and then he knows the recording stopped, so he can start to do what he wants.

It is not acceptable for a so-called security camera.

If the cam is connected with a solar panel, the recording length should be at the latest 5min. For the wired-cam, the length should be longer than 10min until the motion stop.

I am not sure if I should put more investment on Ring or switch to a different brand like Nest.

2 Likes