video recording length

This thread is fairly old and still no action or response by the Ring team. We had an event two weeks ago where a perpetrator broke into a bunch of cars in our neighborhood and tried to get into ours but it was locked. As usual the Nest only caught 30 seconds with terrible video quality. Further the perpetrator wasn’t remotely concerned by the terrible motion light that came on the camera (attempted to share the video and laughingly even this website won’t let you post videos from your Ring cameras). The result is a useless video that wasn’t remotely helpful to the police or us. We couldn’t get a view of where he went after because the video sucked and it cut off at 30 seconds (which is absolutely ridiculous).

Thus I have decided to move to Nest Cam Outdoor IQ cameras. I’ve installed some now and love them relative to the Ring cameras. They have continuous recording and the interface is super smooth. The quality is absolutely amazing and while they require normal 110 power, any electrician can make that a very easy outcome. Further it has facial recognition with alerting for people it doesn’t recognize. In addition it can distinguish people from motion of trees, etc (neither of which Ring has).

Honestly I wouldn’t have even considered it had Ring shown any interest in responding. But now that I have I encourage you to as well.

11 Likes