Stick up cam unable to setup

I have plenty of ring products including a security system and a doorbell and was able to install with no problem. I just recently bought a 3rd gen battery stick up cam. I go through the setup, name the device and then it says its connecting my phone to the ring. My phone automatically turns on wifi and connects to ringsetup wifi network, but I cant get past this step. It just keeps flashing the blue light. I press the reset button, have restarted my phone and reset my router and modem and nothing. I ran a speed test and getting 40mbps on my wifi and 100mbps on my cellular mode. I have tried using both options and nothing. Any ideas?

Hi @Iamstitch626. Could you try setting up the camera from another phone or tablet with the Ring app on it? If this still cannot help get the camera setup, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes and how you’re able to get it setup, or how our support team handles this! :slight_smile:

That worked for me. Thank you. Any idea why my main phone had troubles? Its a Samsung Note 10.

@Iamstitch626 Some phones have a bluetooth restriction that may not allow the Ring device to connect to the phone and set up. In addition, some phones do not allow for joining unsecured networks like the temporary setup network. I’m happy that worked for you though! :slight_smile:

For neighbors having this concern, trying another mobile device is always a great step, as mentioned above. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device. I recommend placing your camera near the router during the setup process, for an efficient initial connection and any updates that are needed, once setup is complete.

In addition to all of the steps mentioned in this thread, if nothing helps, try resetting your Ring device by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Then attempt another setup of reconnection by following the steps in our Help Center article here.

If your concern persists despite trying these suggestions, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.