spotlight part will not stop turning on and off

for past 3 hours the light keeps turning on and off at shop, flooding parking lot with light. i’m home in bed. have tried everything i can to remotely stop it, nothing is working. what is going on? it is not raining or cold, there shouldn’t be a reason this is happening.

Hi @jojo47. The light is turning on and off because it is detecting motion. I would first look of the Light Settings in your Ring app. You can also try using a Light Schedule. If this doesn’t seem to improve, you can reach out to our support team for further guidance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

tom- there was no motion. the light was flashing on and off every 15 seconds for 4 hours until it finally stopped. it has not happened again so i am hoping it was a one time glitch. i’ve been using ring spotlight cams at shop and at home for years and have never had this issue before.

1 Like

Hey @jojo47. Glad to hear this odd, one-off occurrence has stopped. If it happens again, definitely reach out to our support team. :smiley: