Spotlight cam always on

We installed our spotlight cam about a month ago. The lights stay on all night. Even if we manually turn the lights off, the lights turn back on. Has anyone else had that problem? If so, is there a remedy? Thanks.

Hi @VAHusker! This should not be happening. The first best step here would be to check and alter the light settings or any motion scheduling setup in the Ring app. I recommend also checking the area for any heat signatures such as heat vents or AC units, or even moving objects, that might be constantly triggering lights. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tinkered with motion sensitivity, etc. and other light settings to no avail. I will try reducing the area of the light field. I believe I read in passing that in a narrow area, there may be glare that will be mistaken as motion. This is not a particularly narrow area – but the building across the way is metal, so may glare.

Thanks for your response. I suppose if push comes to shove, I may have to call customer support.

Has this issue ever been resolved? I’m having the same issue where my light is on for the set time then goes off for about 5 seconds then comes on. This happens all night long, so it never turns off really! Even when I change the settings. Furthermore, my car is parked in front of it, so there is definitely no motion to set it off. Should not be happening.

Hi @Jcarcich. If the above mentioned suggestions didn’t seem to correct the issues that you are having, it would be best to reach out to our support team to look into this further for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.