cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

floodlight cam still poor wifi even with Chime pro

Highlighted
New Neighbor

floodlight cam still poor wifi even with Chime pro

Morning Guys, Having a nightmare with the floodlight cam.. Chime pro is reading -49 which I think is pretty good. However, the floodlight is -71. I cannot move the router, and the chime pro is plugged in as near to the floodlight as possible (on the same internal wall as floodlight)  Starting to lose faith in it now, as it stands it's just a very expensive floodlight..

Any help would be much appriciated - I've run out of ideas..

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: floodlight cam still poor wifi even with Chime pro

Hi @Simon1. Sometimes doing a reboot of your router/modem can help you out with this concern instantly! For this, unplug the power from your router, and then wait a couple minutes. Once it's down completely, restore power and give all the devices a few moments to reconnect. This will help refresh the connection in your home to your devices, and possibly decrease the RSSI. If you still seem to have troubles with a high RSSI, please give our support team a call here. They can troubleshoot with you live with your devices to find a solution that works best for you! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Chelsea, thank you for your reply. Yes I already re booted the router, it actually made the Rssi worse in the floodlight.. one thing I have noticed: both the chime pro and floodlight cam are connected to my WiFi. When I go in to settings, it gives me an option to join chime pro network. Says something like my signal might be better? Like I say, both are already connected to my home WiFi, and both devices are linked to one another?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Chelsea, this is what I’m on about..
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Simon1  This is an awesome find and something you will definitely need to do! I recommend getting that Floodlight Cam connected to your Chime Pro network as soon as you can, as that should decrease the RSSI. If you look into the device health for the Floodlight Cam and the network name is not Chime Pro Network, but your home wifi, this is definitely why the RSSI is in the low 70's for you. When connecting it to the Chime Pro Network, it should prompt you to press the setup button on the top of the Floodlight Cam, just so you're aware! But once it's connected to that, please let me know what the new RSSI is. Additionally, if you have any bumps in the road getting it connected to the Chime Pro Network, just reach out to our support team for further guidance! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.