Floodlight cam lights go on every 30 mins for about 20 secs?

@shalomthomasGood luck with the replacement! Please let us know how it works out.

This is getting beyond frustrating… Since the two replacements were installed on Monday, the timing of the cycle has changed a each night, but still every 30 minutes. Before the timing of the cycle only seemed to change when the devices were reset, either by me or by Ring. I kind of doubt that Ring is doing testing on the devices, certainly not both.

Tonight the new wrinkle is that one of the floodlights now turns on TWICE in a row. Right after the light turns off, it turms back on immediately for another 20-30 seconds. But only one is doing that. Has anyone else noticed this behaviour with their floodlight cams?

I can’t tell if its because these replacements are behaving differently, the devices are deteriorating, or Ring did something to the systems. The level 2 who was supposed to be my contact on this issue did not reply to my email. The person who replied instead of Level 2 on Tuesday said that I should contact him if I needed any more assistance. However, he has not replied to my followup email asking about status and how they will push out a fix if our devices aren’t able to up date firmware.

Has anyone heard anything further from Ring?

@shalomthomas wrote:

Since last night our cams now go on at random and less than the usual 30 min interval.

My replacements have arrived (no guarantee that it will fix the issue) - our electrician will come over only on Saturday to make the swap.