Floodlight cam lights go on every 30 mins for about 20 secs?

@meme

Thanks for your reply. How do I find the Firmware version?

I bought the device 2 weeks ago.

@meme wrote:

@Vazgen

Thanks for your reply.

After calling Ring support several times over a couple days, I was able to speak directly with a Level 2 on Saturday night, and we spent about 2 hours troubleshooting and running various tests. He escalated (to software engineers).

I’ve emailed a link to this thread to the Level 2 that is working on this. His shift doesn’t start until 11 AM MST, so hopefully, it will help if they realize that I am not the only one with these issues. I thought from the beginning that it’s a bad batch of cameras because both my floodlights have this issue.

What’s been determined is

1. It is NOT related to the sensitivity (distance) setting in the light settings. Thus not related to external motion triggers. This has been tested more than three times by me and then by Ring. To me, reducing the functionality of the lights would not be an acceptable solution, as then an intruder would practically be in your house by the time the lights kick on. There would be not light deterrent and little hope that you get a decent picture of the intruder.

2. It is not due to electrical issues.

3. Neither of my floodlight cameras are able to update the firmware, even through a cellphone hotspot.

What is the firmware version for your floodlight(s)?

@Vazgen wrote:

I am having the same issue. Lights go on exactly every 30 minutes.

Is there anybody from support team to help us with this?

1 Like