Floodlight cam lights go on every 30 mins for about 20 secs?

Watt,

I’m having the exact same problem!!! Ring support told me that they have not heard of this problem before… have you called ring support about this?

When did you get your cameras? I installed two replacement floodlight cameras this past Thursday 11/14. They both have manufacture dates of October 2019. The floodlights on both floodlight cams go on every 30 minutes on the DOT ( just the lights, not the cameras) all night long. I went into light settings and turned down the light timer to 30 secs so as to not waste electricity and burn out the bulbs.

They are not being triggered by anything external, which wouldn’t make sense anyway for such precision in the repetition. Adjusting the sensitivity does not stop it. Besides, I wouldn’t want to turn down sensitivity because that defeats the purpose of having automatic motion sensitivity.

I’ve spent the last four days trying to figure out what’s going on, and I’ve spent hours on the phone with ring support. They have not been able to figure it out yet.

Also, my floodlight cams are on firmware version 1.16.00273, and also for unknown reasons they are unable to update the firmware. And they are both also unable to connect to Pro chimes.

What version is your firmware? And were you able to connect to Pro chimes?

If you have not already done so, please call ring support and let them know that you’re having this issue.

3 Likes