Floodlight cam lights go on every 30 mins for about 20 secs?

@TX-CowboyRegarding the 30 minute light issue, for my floodlight cams, the January 2020 firmware update stopped that. That firmware update also fixed other issues: 1) inability to update firmware and 2) snapshots started working. Other people posted that the firmware update fixed the issues for them as well.

Our floodlight cams don’t face a street, so I can’t share any experiences with how they behave with cars.

When did your car triggering issue start? Did it start with the Feb 27 android app update?

Since second half of last year, a lot of strange buggy things have been happening with my Ring devices and the app as well. The February 27 android app update somehow messed up our Video Doorbell 2 that had been mostly OK for about 2 years. Strange things like phantom motion notifications with no motion every minute. And as far as I can tell, about 50% of the time, taking action (e.g., live view; changing mode on alarm; going into settings for video doorbell 2) on the Ring app triggers a false doorbell 2 motion notification (on phone and through the chime). It makes no sense at all, but yet it’s happening pretty consistently…

@TX-Cowboy wrote:

HI Meme,

Ring support comes back with same answwr. We have escalated this issue and we will get back. Smae old story.

BTW my only lights go up when car passees by from back of the camera. Car coming from front does not trigger the lights. I am on Human mode so technically should not trigger anything. Also I had the same settings for months and this issue started just recently.

Anyway, I iwll wait for ring to reply and give them chance before returing these lights. What an experince with Ring. I will give them “0” on their support.

I just want to know if new replacement has helped with 30 minutes light on issue for anyone. This way atleast I know I dump Ring and move to some other products or give them a chance with replacements.