Floodlight cam lights go on every 30 mins for about 20 secs?

@TX-Cowboy

So sorry to hear that not only does the issue continue, it got even worse… Are your floodlights still triggering every 30 minutes? Plus with every car? That would drive me nuts as well!!!

Is it still a problem for both of your floodlight cams? Does Ring support have any suggestions at all? Does the camera trigger with a car? Or only the lights?

I recall that you noted that you would need to pay a handyman to replace. That cost definitely adds up quickly! If you got them from Costco, you can return/exchange them there at any time if you don’t want to go through Ring.

I installed my two replacement floodlight cams a couple weeks ago. They don’t have the 30 minute lighting issue. However, they do seem to have still some quirks thatexisted with the previous set of floodlight cams. The lights do sometimes turn on when there seems to be no movement (and the camera doesn’t trigger). Moving plants also trigger the lights but not the camera. But yet, I still have to be practically underneath them in order for the lights to turn on, even though the camera triggered picked me up in the dark. This is notable problem. But I can’t deal with reinstalling yet another set right now…

As far as I can tell, the light zone and sensitivity settings don’t work all that well. The human mode doesn’t always work. As far as I can tell, I don’t think the human mode applies to the lights–only to the camera.

@TX-Cowboy wrote:

HI all,

Writing after few weeks now.

My problem of light going on in 30 minutes has gotten worse. Now they are switching on every time the car passes by- I have not changed any configuration. My motion setting is at Human mode and light sensitivity at medium.

Light goes on every few minutes. Not sure how long they are going to last. I have tried all methods ( moving light physically and angle) nothing is working.

So frustrating experience. Its looks to be real bad product.