battery of spotlight fully charged but RING app says not charged and won't connect

I charged my battery twice this year and it worked perfectly afterwards.
But this time, once the battery is fully charged and after putting it back in the Cam, the light under the cam flashes white and blue, and my phone says the battery is off line because it’s not charged!

Does someone has the answer to this problem?

Hey @isaney. At this time, if your Spotlight Camera will not reconnect or complete a setup, please attempt the following:

• Ensure both of your batteries are fully charged (if you have two), or has been charging for several hours.
  • Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed.
  • Press the setup button on the Cam and complete the setup in the Ring app.
  • If lights flash and setup is not completing in the app, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device, disable VPN, and have your wifi router close to your Camera (if possible). You can also see if you can set up the device on another Ring app on another phone you can log into.
  • If lights do not indicate setup mode on the Spotlight Cam, or setup is not completing, perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds and try the setup again.

If the above steps do not result in successful setup or operation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I did all of that, and it’s still not working.

When I charge my battery, the light is green. But when I insert it in the cam, the light inside is red. And it’s suppose to say that the battery is not charge.
I think the batteyr is not working.

But when I look on my account, it says the battery is 2%, so it “sees” the battery or ???

And the battery has been on charge for 24 hours, just to be sure.

It’s just not working.

Then I’ve got another problem (maybe because the battery is discharged):

on my app, it says that the cam is “off line”. I checked all the setting, internet and so on, dans evrything is correct.

Hi @isaney, happy to chime in here. If the steps offered by Chelsea are not successful, then you’ll want to contact our support team for further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They will be able to look into this deeper and provide more advanced troubleshooting assistance. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I tried to reach the support number in Canada, but they have lots of calls and I can’t reach anybody. I want to send a support request as soo as possible, by mail if necesseray, because I bought the cam in october 2019 (it’s not working for 2 months already), and I’m afraid the warranty won’t apply any more.

What I want:

1 - that they send me a new battery, it’s obviously the problem (and it happened to many people, I can see that in the reviews). I did everything I was advised to, re-initaite the whole system, check my modem, re-enter the codes on my app, charge the battery for 24 hours, the light turns green on the battery, but when slided inot the cam, the light in the cam turns red and my app says the battery is not charged (or indicate 2%). On top of thet (maybe becuase of the battery, the app seems to be unable to connect to my internet!

2 - get a refund from my monthly payment since the cam doesn’t function (2 month ago)

3 - stop my payment until the problem is solved !!

Thanks for your help

isabelle

Sorry to hear about this, @isaney! Due to our recent processing infrastructure event, many neighbors have been contacting support in regards to app delays. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we are working to resolve it ASAP. No data has been lost and the system should be caught up shortly. Be sure to check for updates here: http://status.ring.com.

As this will likely lead to longer hold times, in addition to response to Covid-19 here, please wait 24 hours and then give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.