Awning cover

I have 3 FloodLight Cams - 2 are installed in semi-protected areas (porch, on a wall under the overhang) and all are functioning properly. I have installed the 3rd one on a wall that has no protection at all (it replaced the switched light next to an exterior-leading door as is apparent by looking at the attached snap). I am looking into installing an awning of some kind to keep it reasonably snow-free and dry and as a protection from stuff in general. Is this a good idea or are these things relatively bullet-proof?

Glad you asked @CJABMarview! All of our outdoor devices are rated for weather resistance. This means they can operate in most reasonably normal weather conditions. If you live in an area where there are extreme weather conditions or common torrential rain, an overhang or awning would be a great idea! Keep in mind the operating temperature conditions for the Floodlight Cam are -22°F to 120°F (-30°C to 48.5°C). I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. It doesn’t get either that cold or hot here on the lower Eastern Shore. I just figured that a covering of some type couldn’t hurt. Now I will put some anti-bird spikes on top of the cover and that will be that.

2 Likes

Hi, where did you get your cover for your Floodlight cam. I have been looking for a cover but all I found was for the Spotlight cam which is too small.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.