cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless spotlight cams fogging up at night

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Wireless spotlight cams fogging up at night

I have a mix of wired and wireless cameras, but at night I am noticing only on wireless cameras keep fogging up.  This is a shot of my camera from light night and that blob in blue is me walking by the camera.  I looked my the wired flood camera and wired spotlight camera and both where very clear.  I am not sure if the wired camera let off more heat to reducing moisture build up, but I am wondering what can I do with my wireless camera to reduce mosture buildup? Thanks 

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Wireless spotlight cams fogging up at night

That is a lot of fog on that lens @veener79 . I recommend checking the surrounding area for any causes that you might be able to avoid, such as dryer vents, heat exhaust, ac units, etc.

If this is happening merely due to a humid or moist environment/ climate, we have seen some neighbors use a water or fog repellent solution on the lens. Hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @veener79, I would appreciate it if you could connect with myself and the Community team by sending an email to Community@ring.com. We'd love to connect with you and discuss your experience with the Community in more detail. We look forward to hearing from you!

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Hi Riley, I have sent you an email. Thanks
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The current view from my new Ring 2 doorbell 😳
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have a battery operated one on my garage and it is fogged on the inside. No A/C, furnance or anything else that would cause hot and cold issues. I live in Oceanside CA and my temp range through winter is typically 46-75 degrees F.   I don't want to try taking it apart to wipe the moisture out of the inside. Any ideas?

Mike 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@dazzling Looks like mine. Sorry, I can't help but sure hope someone can. 

Mike

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I wish this issue was disclosed before making this purchase. My ring 2 doorbell lens is super foggy and wish I was able to find a remedy.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The same thing happens to my spotlight cam (containing 2 batteries and wired to the solar charger) every night. The lens is fogged up until mid-morning then the picture is perfect. I've read the suggestion about putting an anti-fog spray on the lens, but I'm very leary about spraying something on a , not so cheap, security camera.  Any other ideas, Ring?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the exact same issue. I bought 6 ring cameras and I WAS recommending them to everyone in my Community Watch Group however with this fogging issue, it does absolutely ZERO good when you have criminal activity happening all the time and you are completely blind sitting like a lame duck unable to see anything going on.

What can we do about this Ring? I’m sure none of us want to have to return the products and go with other surveillance equipment not having the problem, so your help would be appreciated.