cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless spotlight cams fogging up at night

New Neighbor II

Wireless spotlight cams fogging up at night

I have a mix of wired and wireless cameras, but at night I am noticing only on wireless cameras keep fogging up.  This is a shot of my camera from light night and that blob in blue is me walking by the camera.  I looked my the wired flood camera and wired spotlight camera and both where very clear.  I am not sure if the wired camera let off more heat to reducing moisture build up, but I am wondering what can I do with my wireless camera to reduce mosture buildup? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Wireless spotlight cams fogging up at night

That is a lot of fog on that lens @veener79 . I recommend checking the surrounding area for any causes that you might be able to avoid, such as dryer vents, heat exhaust, ac units, etc.

If this is happening merely due to a humid or moist environment/ climate, we have seen some neighbors use a water or fog repellent solution on the lens. Hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Hi @veener79, I would appreciate it if you could connect with myself and the Community team by sending an email to Community@ring.com. We'd love to connect with you and discuss your experience with the Community in more detail. We look forward to hearing from you!

New Neighbor II

Hi Riley, I have sent you an email. Thanks