WiFi Connectivity Problems

I have a Ring doorbell that easily connects to our managed WiFi through Charter Communications - Spectrum. When I try to connect the Chime or Indor Cameras, the Ring app tells me the connection is successful, but when I go to the device in the Ring app it tells me there is no internet connection. Prior to doing the setup on these devices, I added the MAC addresses to our managed WiFi router. Any ideas how I can get these devices to connect? Out managed WiFi does not enable us to add a router or extended, the devices are near the router, and I have a Canary camera which connected with no problem.

As a first step in debugging, I would turn off MAC Address filtering and see if that narows the problem.

Hi Brad. Thank you for your response. The problem I have is that it is a managed WiFi. I live in a building with 100 condos and 1 Spectrum line. Each unit has their own sign in but the Mac addresses are what allow you to connect, so there is no way to change that, that I know of. I have numerous devices connected, but it’s just the Ring cameras and the Ring Chime that do not work. I have to believe there is a fix.

I have the same problem. Did you figure out what to do?

I have the same problem. Ring was not able to help me after chatting back and forth until I could not spend any more time on the issue. My laptop has no problem connecting to the internet and checking my Ring devices, it is only my iPhone that has the problem. I keep keeping a message that says I am not connected to the internet. I am in an apartment complex temporarily, and secure internet connection is provided. Maybe it has something to do with that? Hopefully Ring will see this thread and address the problem.

Thank you for your response. I have found that the Ring customer service team was unable to help with this. I made several calls to them, but they keep saying I need a new Chime. I disagree, but they kept sending me Chimes. Finally, I called my ISP, Spectrum and once I got to the second level of tech support, they were able to work their magic. I think they aligned the channel with what the Chime was using (just a guess). It has worked now for several months.

1 Like