Which Stick Up Cam has custom zone + advanced MD (human) + dual power (battery + POE/USB)?

The question says it all.

I’m looking for an outdoor security camera that provides reliable, non-stop 24x7 motion-detection surveillance, with these features:

• customizable zones

• advanced MD (human)

• reliable ethernet connection

Non-stop surveillance = non-stop power = dual power (battery backup + POE/USB)

Non-stop power is a must as there can be sporadic power outages in the area.

Ethernet connection will be needed as I’d need reliable connection speed at all times.

Advanced MD is needed so to distinguish human movements from birds/bugs /pets flying/moving by.

Customizable zones feature is required as I don’t want to trigger irrelevant motion detection from my neighbor’s yard or from the constant busy traffic on the street which is viewable from the cam.

I plan on using this for the security system of my property so these are critical elements in my setup.

Anyone can point me to such a product?

Thanks much in advance.

Thanks for asking @Keen ! It sounds like you may find interest in our upcoming Stick Up Cam Elite, which will feature PoE capability and advanced customizable motion detection. Learn more about the features of this Cam as well as pre-ordering here.

At this time, our Camera enabled devices are either plug-in, hardwired, or battery powered. If power is often lost in that area, I recommend looking into getting a couple of our Cameras so you can have a PoE solution as well as a battery powered device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thx for the reply.

I keep seeing Ring adverstising ‘non-stop power’ in the new Gen 3 cams, but as you said, they’re not then, since they are either hard-wired, or battery-powered.

So none of Rings offered Cams is dual-powered, e.g. battery+AC power?

Your suggestion means I’d have to buy an additional, duplicate Cam per monitoring location this will increase my cost by at least 50%. Just not practical. The Battery Cam does not offer ethernet connection, so it’s also less relable in connection signal as well.

Perhaps Ring would consider providing a Cam w/ truly non-stop power i.e. battery + AC power?

I appreciate your feedback @Keen ! As we are always looking for ways to improve our neighbor experience, I’ll certainly share this with the team. Check out Ring.com/announcements , which will give you a heads up on any major device or feature releases.

That being said, we offer various options for devices, features, and integrations, as a perfect ‘Ring of security’ is obtained by covering all bases.

There are older battery cams that offer this feature, but does the new Stickup cam offer what you are looking for… battery cam with optional power connection (or other way around). >> edit: it seems the new Stickup cam offers just the standard ir motion detection no matter how it is powered - as with other ‘battery models’. <<

BUT it’s not clear to me which cam/power option offer the enhanced motion zones etc…

New Stick Up Cam Battery is powered by the Quick-Release Battery Pack. You can also use the Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter (sold separately) to connect Stick Up Cam Battery to standard UK plug sockets for non-stop power.

New Stick Up Cam Plug-In is powered by an AC adapter that plugs into standard UK power sockets. You can also purchase a Quick-Release Battery Pack (sold separately) for backup power.

New Stick Up Cam Solar comes with a Solar Panel as well as a Quick-Release Battery Pack. The Solar Panel requires direct sunlight to keep your device charged. But with the Quick-Release Battery Pack, your camera will have backup power in case you don’t have enough sunlight.

Stick Up Cam Elite uses Power over Ethernet for non-stop power and a reliable connection. It comes with a PoE Adapter that must be placed indoors and plugged into your router in order to power up and connect your Stick Up Cam to the internet. (No battery backup)

1 Like

so based on existing technology, does RING offer the exterior camera POE ?? https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Spotlight-Battery-Security-Two-Way/dp/B07K7GQTSB/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq97uBRCwARIsADTziybiBqujYqogu7FPowpNSURB9rOFXhhf-qrmnUlWc73Vkw7o6gQKVHgaAt1TEALw_wcB&hvadid=325213876556&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9012268&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t3&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7022793923122255714&hvtargid=aud-840076997981%3Akwd-545355552616&hydadcr=4209_10041605&keywords=ring%2Bpoe%2Bcamera&qid=1574458274&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWkRWNzlMVU0zNkExJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDQ1ODUzSllCN0VSSkk5SUtSJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5OTQ2MDkxVzg0N0FMTUVFM0FYJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Hi I just bought a Ring Cam Elite for outside which I thought would function like my RIng doorbell with a battery pack attached to it. However, it appears that I have to have an ethernet cable or USB cord attached. I thought I was being a cordless device. Can someone please tell me if a black Cam Elite comes cordless? Thanks

The Elite using POE, so it will require a wire. If you can go wire the wire you’ll be better off. Batteries have limitations and with that your connection would be wireless wifi. The Elite cable powers the cam and also provides a wired internet connection. Here are the specs below.
Power

Power over Ethernet with included PoE Adapter (with power supply) or other IEEE 802.3af (PoE) or 802.3at (PoE+) source

Power Input: 100 to 240 Volts AC (AC adapter included)

Power Output: 56 Volts DC, 15.4 watts

Connectivity

Ethernet or 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4GHz or 5GHz

Thanks for your quick reply! I hear what you’re saying but as I need it for the backyard I 'd prefer cordless. Could you suggest a RIng cordless cam ? Can i return the elite?

Returns depends on where you bought it.
But here is the battery outdoor cam.
https://shop.ring.com/products/stick-up-security-camera-battery

Here’s the battery with solar charger.
https://shop.ring.com/products/stick-up-security-camera-solar
There has recently been issues with the solar charging though. Ring is working on it though.

Thanks again for the great support and link of the battery and solar Cam . I bought the Elite directly from Ring.

Ring returns link.
https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022409351-Return-Policy

Thanks again. I tried that link but it doesn’t accept a Canadain postal code. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

It’s very strange. But there is no return information for everywhere else but Canada.
I can’t find anything at all.
Try giving customer service a try. Hopefully they will have an answer.
Here’s Canada’s.
Canada
+1 855-300-7289

1 Like

This is a wonderful support for a great product. I have had a Ring doorbell and chime for more than a year. It 's fantastic! I bought a 2nd battery so I can keep it charged. Last month I was in Ireland and my Ring doorbell sent me data there! I was able to see any traffic to my home!

Hi

I returned my Stick up Camera order number ORDER 001-1200825 almost a month ago. When might I expect a refund.

Thanks

Priscilla

Once again, call customer service. They’re the only ones that can help you with this.